What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

congratulations

simostorm

Bench
Whats the travelling options for people to get there?

You can catch the trains..

IS there plenty of parking near the stadium?

Car parks or streets to park in?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Whats the travelling options for people to get there? Train, bus and car

You can catch the trains.. Correct

Is there plenty of parking near the stadium? Yes

Car parks or streets to park in? Yes

Spank

Juniors
We drove last night, parked at Newington and walked over (10 minutes)... eays as pie, especially cause its also just a 10 minute drive from home.

Ridders

Coach
the seats on the upper-most tier of ANZ are terrible, i remember being up their for Origin 2 in 05'. At a certain height, the bloody roof blocks your view of things. Probably good for spectators that no one had to sit through that.

lotti

Bench
Whats the travelling options for people to get there? Train, bus and car

You can catch the trains.. Correct

Is there plenty of parking near the stadium? Yes

Car parks or streets to park in? Yes
peak hour traffic if you're driving to the ground from work to contend with.

Timmah

Staff member
I've often had to drive to ANZ in Friday and Monday afternoon/evening peak. Never missed the start of the game and I live 80k north of the ground.

peak hour traffic if you're driving to the ground from work to contend with.

Been to the SFS or the Cricket ground when they are near capacity lately. I went from Darling Harbour at 6:30pm to Homebush and was there last night at 7:15pm. Once we got past the fish market we flew in there.

macavity

Referee
knock it down and build a rectangular stadium holding about 80k

seriously, the place is an abomination.

(KW)

Juniors
Like many, I will attend game 3 if its a decider. ANZ is easy to get to, coming up the Hume...

KW

Timbo

Staff member
The prices were just too steep for me.

Why would I pay $150 for a sh*thouse view of the game, when it's going to take well over an hour to get to and from the game, when for significantly less, I can walk across the road to my local, get a steak and half a dozen schooners, and watch it on the big screen?

I'm all for supporting league, but, ffs, those prices were obscene. For people like myself, they were just well beyond what I could justify spending.

The prices were just too steep for me.

Why would I pay $150 for a sh*thouse view of the game, when it's going to take well over an hour to get to and from the game, when for significantly less, I can walk across the road to my local, get a steak and half a dozen schooners, and watch it on the big screen?

I'm all for supporting league, but, ffs, those prices were obscene. For people like myself, they were just well beyond what I could justify spending.

Can't disagree.

For two people, last night cost me more than $330.00.

I try to get to one per year, I won't go to two unless the prices come down.

humpy

Juniors
I actually considered going yesterday arvo, but top $ tickets were way too expensive to be sitting in the top deck. It then took me an hour to try and get out of the city at 6pm, so with the traffic at the ground, I may have got there by half time.

Stand alone Sunday arvo / night game is the way to go, with a 3 game city / country series on the friday before each origin to keep FTA happy (QLD can start a North v South type game), and this would also free up NZ to play a test match against the poms on 1 of those weekends with all their players.

Knightmare

Coach
Game 2, 2002: 47989

Game 3, 2001: 49441

Capacity is 51,000 IIRC

Disappointing but if you look at previous NSW crowds still a great result.

I really don't understand how something that's been happening for years is suddenly this massive issue. I'm glad they close the western upper and condensed everyone into the bottom level as much as possible, made the atmosphere that much better IMO :fist:

Capacity at QE2 was 60k.

Knightmare

Coach
While on ticket pricing, I got two tickets to game 2 at Suncorp for $78 all up. Granted they are obstructed view seats, but when you consider that's $39 a ticket you can see why people in Sydney might be a little more hesitant to spend more on a view probably not as good as the one I'll have, obstructed or not.

mattyg

Bench
yeah $45 were the cheapest adult tickets at Sydney from memory, and thats about 40m behind the posts down the bottom. You can hardly see the other side of the field. Add to that the price of everything in Sydney and its a surprise we even got 60k there. I think the tickets are far too pricey...i'd go with

CAT - ADULT-CHILD-CONCESSION-FAMILY
Cat A - $100-$75-$85-$300
Cat B - $75-$50-$60-$200
Cat C - $50-$35-$40-$125
Cat D - $25-$15-$20-$75

A fair bit cheaper per ticket especially considering we have 2 games in Sydney to go too. Probably even include a package deal where you can pay about $50 extra for each category and get tickets to both games at the same time. The ground would have been full.

lotti

Bench
While on ticket pricing, I got two tickets to game 2 at Suncorp for $78 all up. Granted they are obstructed view seats, but when you consider that's $39 a ticket you can see why people in Sydney might be a little more hesitant to spend more on a view probably not as good as the one I'll have, obstructed or not.
obstructed view seats are normally cheaper.

eastsrule

Bench
The second point is crap. ANZ Stadium is one of the most accessible stadiums anywhere. It's only badly placed if you're travelling from St George or the 'Gong as a Saints home fan, otherwise it's great.

It is also sh*t to get to from the North Shore and Eastern Suburbs.

WTF do you know anyway, you don't live in Sydney

Timmah

Staff member
Exactly, I live 80km north of it, further away than most Sydneysiders and I still experience few problems :lol: Dope.