What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecticut Wildcats - 5 New Signings

gothecats

Juniors
The Connecticut Wildcats are excited to announce 5 new additions to their 2005 roster.

Andrew Webster-great, great grand nephew of New Hampshire's Daniel Webster and brother of Keighley Cougar, James Webster. Andrew previously played with the Balmain Tigers and with Matt Peterson on the Parramatta Eels. Andrew will also be the Wildcats player/coach.

Christian Rahui-curent USA Tomahawk and former Burleigh Bear. Christain spent the last 3 years with the New York Knights, helping them win the Grand Final in 2002.

Ryan Rogers-former St George player. Spent the last 2 seasons playing Union in the USA Rugby Super League for Old Puget Sound(Seattle) and currently Old Blue(NY).

Dan Power-former Wynnum Seagull in the Queensland Cup and currently playing for Carcassone in the French Elite 1. Dan was a big part of the AMNRL's Northern Raiders success last season.

Rocco Forgione-Big Rocco is a current USA Tomahawk. The former Villanova University football player spent the last two seasons with the New York Knights.

roopy

Referee
"Matt will also be the Wildcats player/coach. "
What does that mean?
Surely 'side show bob' will be too busy for Parra to coach the wildcats - or maybe he plans to do that when his NRL career is over?

gothecats

Juniors
Sorry, misprint....Andrew will be the player/coach. However, if 'side show Bob' wants to come up, we would love to have him here.

roopy

Referee
Thanks.

It looks like you are ready for a big season.

I hope the other sides are strong enough to give you a run.

As a Knights supporter, I hope they don't miss Rauhui too much.

Tomahawk

Staff member
gothecats

I have herd two rumors about Wildcat players. Could you confirm them for all AMNRL fans out there.

Mic “Mole” Mulvihill is moving back to Australia.

Nate Smith is going back to get his masters degree.

Let us know about these two players A.S.A.P. These two players are in my opinion were the two best players on the Wildcats last year. Nobody would disagree with both of these payers being two of the top 5 best players on the Wildcats.

Tomahawk

gothecats

Juniors
Tomahawk,

Yes, that is true. They will definitely be missed. Don't forget, Nate was injured most of the season and only played in a few games.

There are a few more new players that we will be announcing soon.

Tomahawk

Staff member
gothecats

Whether you love or hate the Wildcats you know that they will always be a powerhouse and a contender in the AMNRL. The question however should be with the losses of Smith and Mulvihill do the five players you have mentioned makeup for the talent lost.

Nate Smith would be a loss if he played for the Slayers, Bulls, Fight, or any team in the AMNRL. You say he was injured most of the 2004 AMNRL season, but he made an impact in every game he played. Nate is one of the top 10 players in the AMNRL, and you could argue that he is one of the top 5. So can any of the players you have mentioned step in and fill in Nate’s shoes?

As for Mic, and if you know who I am as good as you say you do you know I can not stand the small person. I can tell you that he was the heart and sole of the Wildcats. Is their anyone that can fill Mic’s shoes?

Finally are the Wildcats loosing any players to the new team in Boston? It sucks for you guys since last year you had the Raiders, and this year you have Boston.

As for the Bulls, I’ll tell you this much. We will defend are championship like the champions we are. Dave Nui is talking about hanging up his cleats, and coaching. Then Mike Edwards has retired. The Bulls could be having some old players coming back and joining them in the 2005 season. Also there are a couple other prospects out there.

Tomahawk

Lucky1

Juniors
Andrew Webster will be a great player for the wildcats- in some circles he was rated better than his brother James who plays for Hull Kingston Rovers in the UK.
Andrew is a tall, well built bloke- who hits like a sledgehammer and has the hands of a Wally Lewis. He will be the best player in the Amercian League this summer.
Also tell the girls to watch out.

slow frontrower

Juniors
Tomahawk,

Nate and the Mole will be missed, but Andrew Webster will dominate the AMNRL, he'll be head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Dan Power will also be an enormous addition in the halves. We are losing 2 players but replacing them with better players.

As for the Bulls they just signed USA Tomahawk and USA Eagle Roger Tuamoheloa who should be an enormous impact on the AMNRL, and with Chief, Vassy, Woody, Easy-E, and Matt Shannon, they should have no trouble knocking heads with anyone. I'll believe Nuiy hangs up the boots when I see it.

Screech

Juniors
Lucky1 said:
Andrew Webster will be a great player for the wildcats- in some circles he was rated better than his brother James who plays for Hull Kingston Rovers in the UK.
Andrew is a tall, well built bloke- who hits like a sledgehammer and has the hands of a Wally Lewis. He will be the best player in the Amercian League this summer.
Also tell the girls to watch out.

You sleeping with him!? If he is such a good player why is he playing over there? And Wally's hands weren't that good, they're were fairly ugly actually so maybe the girls should watch out for that!

gothecats

Juniors
Tomahawk,

Yes, Nate and Mick will be missed. However, the reviews you are reading about Andrew Webster are for real. Ask any of the guy's on tour in Australia. He played a game with them and they are all saying the same things.

Dan Power will step in at the halves and be a force. He has only showed a glimpse of what he is capable of.

We will lose no players to the Raiders or the Boston club.

The Cats will also be adding two big front row players. 6'3" 260lb Tongan Mounga Safita, Northeast ITT Representative in Union and 6'4 275lb Mike "Lyrch" Lazkowski(sorry about the spelling). Both very big and extremely physical. Safita played league in Tonga and Lyrch last played in Australia at the Coca Cola Sevens when the US were still called the Patriots.

Copa

Bench
As for the Bulls they just signed USA Tomahawk and USA Eagle Roger Tuamoheloa who should be an enormous impact on the AMNRL, and with Chief, Vassy, Woody, Easy-E, and Matt Shannon, they should have no trouble knocking heads with anyone. I'll believe Nuiy hangs up the boots when I see it

According to this http://www.scrum.com/news/news_detail.asp?newsid=28553&country=USA Roger Tuamoheloa is part of the 2005 USA National Team Player Pool for rugby union.

Do you guys not have the "issues" that would occur in other countries if a national level player was part of the national RU squad... yet played club rugby league at the same time??

slow frontrower

Juniors
Roger will prob honor an international commitment over a club game, but if his commitments with Union dont interfere, he'll be fine, alot of US league players have been in Union national team player pool. Most notably David Nui who was 5/8 in the 99 union world cup.

phat cat

Juniors
from what i have heard the bulls have done a ton to make sure that roger can stay in the country and work. which is more than USA rugby (union) is going to do for him.

Tomahawk

Staff member
The Bulls will soon be announcing the signing 3 more international players. Also there are a few stand-out players that the Bulls might acquire. Two of the stand-outs were former NFL prospects. One played for the Indianapolis Colts and the other one had a tryout for the Philadelphia Soul. Information soon to come.

Tomahawk

Myles Forewood

Juniors
Okay it's a long time since I watched American football but who on earth are the 'Philadelphia Soul'? Arena football team maybe?
Anyway when are we going to get an official announcement about the two new teams? Still no update on the website and the new season isn't too far off.

Latest posts