What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connor Mulheisen

TheRev

First Grade
There is a lot of synergy with Robson/McInnes and Sullivan/Hunt.. there was a good subsection of fans (some knowledgable ones too) writing off Robson after literally a handful of first grade appearances...

In terms of Mulheissen, hes been very workmanlike.. good service but doesnt really run as such.. I've lost my confidence in him over the last 2 seasons.. im not sure hes going to excel at first grade.. but hes not really holding anyone out either.. so it just depends if we are still buying a replacement hooker for MBye? Basically im really curious to see what we do with guys like Mulheissen and Herring..

BLM01

First Grade
There is a lot of synergy with Robson/McInnes and Sullivan/Hunt.. there was a good subsection of fans (some knowledgable ones too) writing off Robson after literally a handful of first grade appearances...

In terms of Mulheissen, hes been very workmanlike.. good service but doesnt really run as such.. I've lost my confidence in him over the last 2 seasons.. im not sure hes going to excel at first grade.. but hes not really holding anyone out either.. so it just depends if we are still buying a replacement hooker for MBye? Basically im really curious to see what we do with guys like Mulheissen and Herring..
Yep I was one that supported retaining McInnes over Robson as had not proved anything yet but also had limited opportunities but obviously had potential but we potentially would if held him back for McInnes
Green also saw potential and nurtured early on and Payten has put the icing on to make him a back up? SOO hooker for now
Hindsight is wonderful! On what I gave seen although limited recently not sure Connor is the same level as Robson was before he left at this point.

Not the crafty Robson type hooker and lacks a lot of size but definitely makes up with it with a massive heart wish him all the best when he gets his time
Tough little bugger 🤣🤣

redVinme

Bench
Yep I was one that supported retaining McInnes over Robson as had not proved anything yet but also had limited opportunities but obviously had potential but we potentially would if held him back for McInnes
Green also saw potential and nurtured early on and Payten has put the icing on to make him a back up? SOO hooker for now
Hindsight is wonderful! On what I gave seen although limited recently not sure Connor is the same level as Robson was before he left at this point.
Hindsight is wonderful but it's not like all the markers weren't there.

Aus school boy
Jnr blues
NSW cup player of the year.

Robson was always gonna be a gun, he just didn't have his hand around Mary's Ol Fella.

TheRev

First Grade
o I thought writing off Robson was foolish at the time.. barely started 1st grade (at a young age) and was already competent.. but we knew he had a great running game too from NSW Cup. But I also understood that we had McInnes, so couldn't begrudge him leaving.. but to then lose McInnes was a disaster.

o Sullivan has the same level of promise as Robson, the only difference is he also has these injury concerns.. he looks to be carrying a lot of weight too I thought before he did that injury.. wasnt sure if he had issues training like Bird seems to.

o Mulheissen is definitely not in the class of Robson, he doesnt have pace.. honestly if we had someone more promising id rather invest in them.. but I'm not sure about HFinau either (he has the pace, but what about the rest?).. we could do worse than Mulheissen, but the modern hooker is fast.. though tbf he throws a good long ball... and I guess his defence is solid... I mean the coach will give us an indication later this year what the plans are.. I believe he is off-contract this year (zero tackle) and we need to make a call tbh.. cant keep using up a dev spot for someone who never gets considered in 1st grade. Now with MBye gone though.. lets see.

BLM01

First Grade
o I thought writing off Robson was foolish at the time.. barely started 1st grade (at a young age) and was already competent.. but we knew he had a great running game too from NSW Cup. But I also understood that we had McInnes, so couldn't begrudge him leaving.. but to then lose McInnes was a disaster.

o Sullivan has the same level of promise as Robson, the only difference is he also has these injury concerns.. he looks to be carrying a lot of weight too I thought before he did that injury.. wasnt sure if he had issues training like Bird seems to.

o Mulheissen is definitely not in the class of Robson, he doesnt have pace.. honestly if we had someone more promising id rather invest in them.. but I'm not sure about HFinau either (he has the pace, but what about the rest?).. we could do worse than Mulheissen, but the modern hooker is fast.. though tbf he throws a good long ball... and I guess his defence is solid... I mean the coach will give us an indication later this year what the plans are.. I believe he is off-contract this year (zero tackle) and we need to make a call tbh.. cant keep using up a dev spot for someone who never gets considered in 1st grade. Now with MBye gone though.. lets see.
Dont discount Liddle. he has got good speed and tackles okay too
Bit of coaching and time building combos with the same spine will help, especially his pass selction at times needs work

TheRev

First Grade
Dont discount Liddle. he has got good speed and tackles okay too
Bit of coaching and time building combos with the same spine will help, especially his pass selction at times needs work
Oh i'm with you.. im totally fine with Liddle, and we should be able to get some more money into other positions.

But Liddle could break his leg tomorrow etc, we need another hooker in the system, is it Mulheissen or has he hitting his ceiling? Also losing MBye although makes many of us happy.. he was our coverage for a bunch of positions.. we need to replace that.

justadragon

Bench
Oh i'm with you.. im totally fine with Liddle, and we should be able to get some more money into other positions.

But Liddle could break his leg tomorrow etc, we need another hooker in the system, is it Mulheissen or has he hitting his ceiling? Also losing MBye although makes many of us happy.. he was our coverage for a bunch of positions.. we need to replace that.
It doesn't matter who you put in at 14 this stage of the season, by the looks of it 1/2 this current squad wont be there anyway.

getsmarty

Immortal

Dragons Round 22 NRL team list​

1. Tyrell Sloan - sponsored by EFEX
2. Mathew Feagai - sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Moses Suli - sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports
4. Zac Lomax - sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa - sponsored by Wollongong City Jetski
6. Talatau Amone - sponsored by React Cleaning
7. Ben Hunt (c) - sponsored by Belle Property
8. Francis Molo - sponsored by UTECH
9. Jacob Liddle - sponsored by Active Forklifts
10. Blake Lawrie - sponsored by Deicorp
11. Billy Burns - sponsored by Tomkat Roofing
12. Dan Russell - sponsored by Shire Steel and Fabrication
13. Jack de Belin - sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:​

14. Connor Muhleisen - sponsored by TripADeal
15. Michael Molo - sponsored by Jameson Strata Management
16. Toby Couchman - sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Jack Bird - sponsored by Classic Sportswear

TheRev

First Grade
that answers the question about Mulheissen post MBye, I dont think this is a guarantee of a 2024 position, but I think its a bit of a taste and a test.. we have to make a call on the kid.

hurts NSW Cup, but HFinau will do big minutes, and maybe they will play another hooker off the bench? Hopefully it doesnt stuff JF, lol.. its like turtles all the way to the bottom.