What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contains spoilers - Hasler

In a recent thread regarding Hasler being a whinger, I put my foot in the affirmative camp.

However, having watched the Warriors match since half time, I reckon he has every right to complain this time around.

wittyfan said:
Better team won anyway.

You may be correct in that I did not see the game up until half time.

However, that No Try proved a real turning point, and I think Ward made an absolute meal of it with that decision.

And it was the object of your stalking obsession, Michael Witt, who had every chance to tackle the ball runner even after the decoy cut through him.

Instead he stood still and threw his hands up.

Should have been playing the whistle and not carrying on, as he had every attempt to make a tackle.

ManlyFan07

Juniors
There were definitely some bad decisions, but in the end some poor errors (and not from the PL replacements) cost us more....... intercepts from Orford and Monas, Orford failing to find touch, Robertson dropping it cold twice (although he was good for much of the game), Afamasaga going for the strip when he was the second man into the tackle. That's two poor second halves in a row........ we have a lot to turn around against the Dragons.

gong_eagle

First Grade
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
You may be correct in that I did not see the game up until half time.

However, that No Try proved a real turning point, and I think Ward made an absolute meal of it with that decision.

And it was the object of your stalking obsession, Michael Witt, who had every chance to tackle the ball runner even after the decoy cut through him.

Instead he stood still and threw his hands up.

Should have been playing the whistle and not carrying on, as he had every attempt to make a tackle.

exactly right Witt is a liability in Defence,

he also missed 2 easy goals :lol:

better team showed up today, Manly didn't

t-ba

Post Whore
Better team won.

Chris Ward should be dragged out to the back shed and be shot.

wittyfan

Referee
Your referring to a missed tackle which led to an obvious no try. Anyway, Witty's defence issues is a myth perpetuated by the many Manly idiots on here. Look at his defensive stats for this year.

And with those missed goals, after such an incredible run, there was always going to come a day when his kicking was going to be slighly askew.

Hasler has a stack of problems and the six pocket game plan is unravelling at the wrong time of year.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
It was a bad decision...but then again it evened out that shocking no call of the forward pass.;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
Fast Eddie said:
It was a bad decision...but then again it evened out that shocking no call of the forward pass.;-)

Indeed. But generally speaking, there shouldn't be a need to 'square up' f**king awful decisions. They shouldn't be made in the first place.

Atleast the ref on the ground has an excuse, the guy up in the box certainly doesn't.

LoL at the 'six pocket game plan.' We've been scoring the majority of our tries off of running football for the last eight weeks!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Meh the no try decisions evened out... if you consider Hicks scoring off the forward pass.

*edit* didnt see the previous 2 posts

gong_eagle

First Grade
wittyfan said:
Your referring to a missed tackle which led to an obvious no try.

i would say 98% of people here would say that should have been a try

your constant stalking love affair of the average player Witt is turning so many people off of him

Garts

Bench
As for everyone bagging Witty's defence, I cant believe this but I am actually going to side with Wittyfan as I dont think it is that bad. I just dont rate him in attack.

t-ba

Post Whore
wittyfan said:
You sound bitter, gong_eagle.

Coming from the twisted old queen who harps on about Randall and Witt, I think Gongy should take that as a complement ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
Garts said:
As for everyone bagging Witty's defence, I cant believe this but I am actually going to side with Wittyfan as I dont think it is that bad. I just dont rate him in attack.

Had his moments. He's a real flat track bully. Today he played half an understrength outfit, and he showed the flashes of brilliance that made him a dominant premier league force.

Latest posts