What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract Hunting Season 2007/2008

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

innsaneink

Referee
Achillies said:
Coming from a guy who supports the team who fished Jason Moodie out of retirement.
Not confirmed yet, he has to get thru off season training first, then Wests Tigers & Moodie will make a decision.

Special K

Coach
When is O'Donnell off contract? I could see sticky bringing him down to replace Paul Gallen if he leaves next year.

skeepe

Immortal
Raiders off-contract 2007:

Michael Dobson
Vili Faingaa
Craig Frawley
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Andrew Lomu
Steve McLean
Junior Sau
Jason Williams

To be honest, I'm not really worried about losing any of them other than Sau and McLean, and maybe Dobson depending how he goes in the NRL.

Will be good to have a year without major upheaval in playing numbers at the Raiders for a change. Hinchcliffe may move on because I can't see him getting a gig at Canberra in the near future, Lomu and Williams I like but wouldn't bother with, I desperately hope another club takes Frawlley and I've never even heard of this Faingaa.

skeepe

Immortal
I agree, as I believe will Junior Sau. Other than that, it's a fairly ordinary and, mercifully, short list low on regular first graders.

Achillies

Juniors
Rocky Rabbit said:
Souths need to wrap Fa'alogo up now.
Great player

All the signings we have made this year will mean nothing if we lose guys like Fa'alago next year.Guys like Heggarty and Mellor are off contract at the end of next year and i ve got no doubt we paid overs to Heggs from the roosters so we should have enough cash to keep Fa'alago.Wouldnt be suprised to see guys like Galavao and Lowe who have years to run on there contracts offered releases to free up some cash to keep who we want and chase a few more.

skeepe

Immortal
Actually, I think I made a mistake in my post. Dobson has been signed up until 2010 I think......

Big Pete

Referee
Broncos Off Contract from memory:
Shane Perry
Justin Hodges
Brent Tate
Shaun Berrigan
Petero Civoniceiva
Brad Thorn
Michael Ennis

Plus More...

Can't see us keeping all of those listed.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Ahh Broncos. Thats alot. Id imagine that with his recent form that Berro will be maintained at hooker and also utility value, along with Ennis off the bench. If Broncos can get Berrick Barnes back id assume that Perry will be offloaded.

Jeez good luck to Brizzie management. They should be fine though. Most of them wouldnt play for any other team anwayz.

Big Pete

Referee
I agree Zuzu.

I think Tate, Hodges, Berro and Civoniceiva are all safe, that's if Civo doesn't retire.

Thorn and Ennis should also be safe. While Perry may get punted into QRL again.

If we could sign Berrick back that would be great, but I don't see it happening.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Big Pete said:
I agree Zuzu.

I think Tate, Hodges, Berro and Civoniceiva are all safe, that's if Civo doesn't retire.

Thorn and Ennis should also be safe. While Perry may get punted into QRL again.

If we could sign Berrick back that would be great, but I don't see it happening.
Mate what i heard was the Broncos wanted him to go to Union so he could make the money there. This was back when Seymour was shaping to be your halfback for the next 5-6 years though. Bennet told him to go to Union, make his money, then return when he is needed. Apparently he was going to be big, and i mean REAL big.

Doubt it, but its a smart move. Make his money in Union for 2-3 years, wait for Locky to retire and then move back into the groomed number 6 jersey. As i said, doubt it but wounldnt suprise me at the same time.

And i doubt Civo will retire. He just had one of his finest years in footy, at that age. I say he has a good 2 maybe 3 years left.

>zuzu<

Juniors
The Fruit Pickers said:
Wests Tigers
Liam Fulton
Paul Whatuira
Rangi Chase
Bronson Harrison
Chris Heighington
Shannon McDonnell
Ben Jeffery
Sam Moa
Jarrod Saffy
Man there are alot of juniors coming off here.

They will gun to keep McDonell, he is set to replace a winger and/or Hodgson. Harrison could be released to another club imo. He was "made for FG" but has yet to make an impact that his name has lead him too. As for the rest, fairly solid players there. I think Whatuira will attract the most attention.

Raider_69

Post Whore
from memory skeepe dobbo signed on for a few years, not sure if it was till '10... 09 rings a bell for some reason, i think it was a 2 year