What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controversial Billboards

I don't even understand "South Sydney" where the fk is it? Isn't South Sydney like... Shire area. Even the South Sydney council ceases to exist the rubbish club should follow suit.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've got an idea.

Take 100 residents from Coogee and ask them 1 simple question. What part of sydney do you live in??

If less than 3 in 4 state the Eastern Suburbs, you can claim the area.
By that logic every other club should pack it's things and go home because the Roosters are the "Sydney Roosters" so everyone who thinks they live in "Sydney" live in an area you guys can claim. :crazy::crazy::crazy:
I don't even understand "South Sydney" where the fk is it? Isn't South Sydney like... Shire area. Even the South Sydney council ceases to exist the rubbish club should follow suit.
f**k off troll

adamkungl

Immortal
How many Roosters Juniors do the Roosters have playing first grade?

How many Souths juniuors do the Roosters have playing first grade?

Roosters juniors = 3 iirc?
Symonds, Bondi United
Cherrington, Paddington Tigers
SKD, Clovelly Crocs (via NZ :sarcasm:)

Souths juniors = 1
Anasta, Maroubra Lions?

By that logic every other club should pack it's things and go home because the Roosters are the "Sydney Roosters" so everyone who thinks they live in "Sydney" live in an area you guys can claim.

Agreed.

Look guys, Maroubra is ours. The billboard says so. why would it lie?

Last edited:

RAB-161

Juniors
I wouldn't worry too much about the local Tooheys ads. - a couple of weeks ago the service station in Maroubra Road had one stating -
"You're in Sea Eagles territory".
Easts knuckleheads can spout any crap they want ; all teams in Coogee, Maroubra and all points south are part of the Souths' Juniors organization.
Their junior clubs such as Clovelly Crocodiles, Paddington etc.also play in the Souths' Juniors competition but are alligned to Easts because their junior numbers are too small to support a competition.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
very true.. it is JUST a billboard afterall...

no-one is going to go and change team preferences because a billboard said so..

infact, if i went and did everything that the billboards told me to do, i'd be sniffing the latest nasal spray from AMI..

Sugar

Bench
I have a sign on the front gates Rabbitohs territory..........

About 300K South of Sydney.

I've claimed it

Its only a billboard and cant see the NSWRL changing the boundaries for a beer add

Aaron_sfas

Juniors

infact, if i went and did everything that the billboards told me to do, i'd be sniffing the latest nasal spray from AMI..

that stuff works

Sugar

Bench

that stuff works
Any good for Poultry ?

I have a very shy Rooster who wont go near the Chooks, Limp bugger has a harem but wont play King of the roost

BranVan3000

Coach
Is that outside the petrol station? I know that sign used to say Rabbitohs territory :D

Jesus Rorters are pathetic. But I guess when you have a pathetically low fanbase centered entirely in Bondi and when you get out to Paddington the people are more interested in what coloured scarf to buy this winter, then trying to claim more land is necessary. Fact is, Maroubra is Souths territory to the core. As is Coogee, Randwick and all surrounding areas participating in the Souths Juniors comp.

Mattyoh

Juniors
I have always thought Coogee was evenly split, anything north was Easts and anything south was Souths. I know plenty of families in the area that are split - including mine.

Big Sam

First Grade
Is that outside the petrol station? I know that sign used to say Rabbitohs territory :D.

Yes it is. The whole point of me starting the thread was not to have a debate on the boundaries (South Coogee and Maroubra have always been and will always be Souths territory) but to ask who was responsible for the billboard. Tooheys or Easts? Anybody know?

Robbie 12

Juniors
I found a map of the rabbitohs and roosters boards

I hope this helps out

Attachments

• Border_After 1950's.jpg
    Border_After 1950's.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 22

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i like the look of st. peters as a suburb.

i hereby annex it for the dragons.

afterall, we need to keep the saints together..

Latest posts