What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk - Best Ever!!!

T-Boon

Coach
Cooper had a good work ethic and knew how to get a team around the field in the structured football era. He was always surrounded by superstars.
In terms of skills he was unimpressive. He could kick to his wingers. That’s about the most impressive skill. He was otherwise just a good support player.
He would have been utter trash in other era’s when you had to have football skills and instincts.

Name the halfbacks whom, in the last 50 years, managed to win two successive premierships with two different clubs? This should be easy as there have only been two of them...….

Valheru

Coach
Whether he is the best ever is up to opinion.

Personally I don't give a f**k and I doubt he does either.

4 premierships including back to back in the greatest club side of the modern era should see him sleep well at night.

Oh and I guess Tara probably helps too.

T-Boon

Coach
Whether he is the best ever is up to opinion.

Personally I don't give a f**k and I doubt he does either.

4 premierships including back to back in the greatest club side of the modern era should see him sleep well at night.

Oh and I guess Tara probably helps too.

Nah. He is definitely not the best player ever. He would be lucky to be top 30. I mean everybody can see that even at his position Andrew Johns and Thurston were better halfbacks just in the last 20 years.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Nah. He is definitely not the best player ever. He would be lucky to be top 30. I mean everybody can see that even at his position Andrew Johns and Thurston were better halfbacks just in the last 20 years.
Hey @T-Boon - Just thought I'd let you know that your #BlameBellamy campaign seems to have spilled over into your opinion of Cronk...

Queens Gambit

Juniors
Good player
Totally over rated though

Did f**k all last year
Did f**k all last night
Got owned by the great Chad Townsend
Who stood up when it mattered last night
Keary not cronk

I don't know or follow that much footy but if there is an outstanding player they usually shine out - and I never noticed him much. I know a different position but I thought that Farah was a more dominant player. And as someone before me pointed out Thurston was a lot more outstanding.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
He's good but he also played in two of the best club teams ever (which doesn't hurt) and wasn't necessarily the best player in either of those teams.

parra_jesus

Juniors
Well he is sure as shit better then the current so called "greatest ever" cam smith. Thats why smith was so butt hurt when cronk left. He wont go down as the greatest ever on field player in thr johns caliber. But if you factor in his on field career and his off field post footy career i dare say he could be spoken about in the sams class. Cronk will be a influential figure in the way the game is run in 10-20 years. Cant be worse then the muppets we have had in recent years

King hit

Coach
Cronk immortal is just ridiculous. Smith and Thurston will be the nominees for this generation. Cronk was never the best on his team.

hall of famer below immortal level

Vee

First Grade
Put any competent player in a decent team, and they'll look like world beaters.

He's never played in a crap team at any stage of his career - News Ltd Storm, Rorters, Quensland.... the guy has never done it tough.

Conversely, look at Kenny, Sterling, Lewis etc etc........team loses talent, they struggle.
I don't remember Kenny and Sterlo being any less brilliant as the team around them descended into entropy.