What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk sinbinning.

Canard

Immortal
I agree too.

It's one thing to bend the rules and get pinged for a profession foul --e.g., making a tackle from an offside position.

But Cronk's foul last night went way beyond that. It was so blatant, you can't dismiss it as just a bit of "gamesmanship". It was as if he was giving the rulebook a giant middle finger. Cronk may be a great player, but he showed no regard for the spirit of the game, and no respect for the 99.9% of rugby league players who manage to restrain themselves from doing what he did when they see an opposition try about to be scored.

It's fortunate that NSW scored so many points while Cronk was the off the field, and his little gambit backfired on him. If Queensland had got away with it and won the game, how long before everyone else in the NRL starts doing what Cronk did?

I would hate for rugby league to become like basketball where deliberate blatant fouls are an integral part of the game. I wouldn't be opposed to players being cited and suspended for particularly bad examples of professional fouls, if that's what it takes to stamp out this sort of thing.

He and QLD were penalised. Its not like they got off scott free.

Why is that everytime something happens in an Origin match people make out that the last 100 years of League didn't happen, and suddenly people will start doing things that havent been done before.

Tweed Titan

Bench
I would like plays like this stamped out of the game, it is a blight on the game. The best way to do it would be more liberal awarding of penalty tries. If players know they would concede a try for doing a professional foul of this type it would stop quick smart.