What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk

billy2

Juniors
Joey was worth 850, and with the deals he had he got it, but Cronk will never be fit to shine Joey's boots.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I've said before that I want Cronk at our club if Mullen fails to deliver this year. But not at that price, because you would be leaving an open invitation for almost any other NRL club to take Akuila Uate off our hands.

And that's just not on...

timka4

Bench
I expect him to be one of the best players in the competition next year.
Hopefully, as my favourite player it's hard to see him week in week out play an inconsistent game (besides his rare brilliant games).

But if he can't get his game together under Bennett in 2-3 years, and presuming the cap increases the predicted amount. Cronk on say 750-800k is definitely not out of order imo.

Although I don't think I would like Mullen leaving the knights, even if he was failing.

Nothing would make me smile more this season than seeing the very gifted Jarrod Mullen tear it up. He has it in him to be that type of player. I only mentioned Cronk because we have the capacity to match anyone on a deal for him. I rate Cronk highly but his asking price is utter bulls###! JT would be worth 1.5million a season going off that estimation.

Frederick

Staff member
Don't wingers have to be able to kick in union? Somehow I can't see Uate doing that...he's a runner, not kicker

Stinkler

Juniors
$850k and under the salary cap?
Yeah right. Not with the roster the Knights have at the moment.

For the record, he's not worth half of that kind of money.

Spot On

Coach
$850k and under the salary cap?
Yeah right. Not with the roster the Knights have at the moment.

For the record, he's not worth half of that kind of money.

We have Boyd and Uate. Gidley and Snowden go alright as well. Who else is worth shouting about?

Burwood

Bench
Is Uate one of our top paid players yet? Can't remember if we extended his last contract before or after he burst onto the scene.

Aku won't leave Newie. Tinkler won't allow it. Stop worrying. Bennett plus Tinkler $ equals huge carrott to stay. I can see him being re-signed before 2013. People would riot if Aku left.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Aku won't leave Newie. Tinkler won't allow it. Stop worrying. Bennett plus Tinkler $ equals huge carrott to stay. I can see him being re-signed before 2013. People would riot if Aku left.

Not worried about losing Uate- was responding to a post on who would be our big-named players taking up salary cap space. Uate might be one of our "marquee" players, but his contract value certainly wouldn't reflect that considering he was re-signed in 2009.

But it is funny hearing that we couldn't possibly fit Cronk under the salary cap when we have no idea how much it is even going to be.

jbl31649

Juniors
Neither is Tuquiri or Civo if you go off of your logic. I am not suprised you would find the negative in the positive.

And Hayne. Couldn't see Uate wanting to move to far away from family either.

Don't know if it's worth paying so much for Cronk at 27, when with Wayne you could build good juniors for less. Tinkler and him have huge plans with League, wish they would tell the rest what they are.

- Will be interesting to see the final 17. I'll be going to the Knights v Sharks trial much again this year at Muswellbrook. Were both full strength sides last year, hope it's the same.

We got 5,000 last to the match, makes you wonder why they sent CvC to Albury for the same crowd.

Latest posts