What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cooper cronk

It seems Bottle, JBoy and similarly minded muppets are trumpeting the good works of club management.

Such a low threshold for success, literally can't set the bar any lower. Breathtaking, really.

As for the Shonkies muppet, the meaning of success is an altogether foreign concept. He's suffering from the sporting equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome.

Straight Shooter

She deserves to be canonised !

Back to your views...
Enlighten us as to how you would approach things differently?
Try keep things realistic.

Realistic?

Finding some rich bloke to buy the club
Oust Doust and bring in David Gallop in or Dave Smith
Flick Mary and replace with Bellemy
Sack the team and replace them with the entire Aussie or Kiwi Squad

Lose a game and have the same dope complain it's not good enough

Enlighten us as to how you would approach things differently?
Try keep things realistic.

1. Democratisation of the board.
2. Transparency and accountability.
3. Clear goals with key performance indicators.
4. Genuine independent audits and reviews.
5. Address conflicts of interest.
6. Recruit leaders.

In essence, step into the 21st century and become a legitimately professional organisation.

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS REALISTIC BUT IT SHOULD BE.

We shouldn't just bend over and hold our ankles, merely hoping that the next year will be better.

Straight Shooter

Not necessarily, just because you have the right governance and strategic plan, doesn't mean you can achieve those to the level you desire in a competitive market place. Sometimes you have to do the best you can, with what you can get and keep moving to achieve those goals over the longer term.

Isn't it reasonable to think that just might be what the Board is trying to do?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
1. Democratisation of the board.
2. Transparency and accountability.
3. Clear goals with key performance indicators.
4. Genuine independent audits and reviews.
5. Address conflicts of interest.
6. Recruit leaders.

In essence, step into the 21st century and become a legitimately professional organisation.

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS REALISTIC BUT IT SHOULD BE.

We shouldn't just bend over and hold our ankles, merely hoping that the next year will be better.

Straight Shooter

Such wishy-washy and wide scope of thoughts. The old shotgun approach works well for you I see. At least it's a start and better than your usual guff. However, these points can all be open to the individual's interpretation and your views don't normally offer a positive view, ever.
I'd say some of those points are highly debatable and some have merit.
You're learning, esteemed colleague....baby steps, huh ?

St Georgio

Juniors
It seems Melbourne have great systems in place in developing good young players, Kurt Mann showed he will definately be somewhere in starting team come round 1...wing/FB, Lafai was absolute rubbish.
I was cold on the idea at first but I really hope Saints backflip and throw everything at Cooper Cronk.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Such wishy-washy and wide scope of thoughts. The old shotgun approach works well for you I see. At least it's a start and better than your usual guff. However, these points can all be open to the individual's interpretation and your views don't normally offer a positive view, ever.
I'd say some of those points are highly debatable and some have merit.
You're learning, esteemed colleague....baby steps, huh ?

Seriously JB, did you expect a 50,000 word treatise on what needs to be done? Those six points are pretty straightforward, it is a forum after all.

Latest posts