What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Vuna on loving the Knights

K-Man

Bench
I found these comments from Vuna quite interesting.

We hear plenty of things about Wayne and the club etc from people directly involved at present, but it's interesting to hear someone like Cooper talk about it from the outside and how much he wanted to return and the respect he has for Bennett.

Johns Magic

Referee
Would love to have him back. Would force McManus into the centres mind you.

EDIT: yes I know it's not on the radar, I'm just saying.

I reckon Jimmy would make a solid centre, would be twice as good as Sau or Wes.

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Gagai
4. Macmanus
5. Vuna

Silent Knight

First Grade
Jimmy Mac is a solid defender and that length of the field try he scored against the Broncos in round 3 shows he has the necessary pace to make it as a centre. But does he have much of a passing game?

Whats Doing

Bench
Jimmy Mac is a solid defender and that length of the field try he scored against the Broncos in round 3 shows he has the necessary pace to make it as a centre. But does he have much of a passing game?

I understand that he played centre all his juniors. It is only since he has been with the knights he has played wing.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I understand that he played centre all his juniors. It is only since he has been with the knights he has played wing.

In that case shift Jimmy to the centres now and put Dane/Pete M on the wing. That would surely be a better attacking combo than Jimmy/Sau.

Of course I'm not taking into consideration Pervy/Wayne's philosophy on "a player only gets promoted when they've earned it". But it still bears some merit.

Yosh

Coach
ZOMG! I've been calling it for YEARS: MCMANUS TO CENTRE, VUNA TO THE WING...

I always get cut down though... Same really, I'm a mavrick genius guy...

Jono078

Referee
Bring him back as impact forward, he can play anywhere in the 17 as far as i'm concerned!

Rolla

Juniors
Moving Jimmy to the centres eliminates all his strengths..... I see no point in it at all. He can tackle well on the wing so he must be a good centre? He isn't quick - he is quicker yes, but outrunning Hodges (slow), Hennant (prop) and Yow Ye (not a quick winger) with a head start doesn't make him quick all of a sudden. He doesn't beat people one on one, he hasn't shown he can pass or ball play.

He is a real good winger because of his work rate, defence and skill under the high ball. Only one of his skills carries over slightly, and even defending in the centres is a totally different ball game.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yow yeh is quick mate, damn quick

Anyway I don't think he should be moved off the wing. Thu and Jimmy are doing fine on the left, no need to change it

Didn't Coops make his debut for us against the Broncs in the 71-6 smashing? How awesome for him getting to make a potential debut for the Wallies in Newy.

Last edited:

voltron

Juniors
i would try vuna in the centres
defensively it might be a bit more difficult.
but he had great acceleration, and strength, and could make a pass if needed
would love that

Stick

Juniors
Vuna didn't make the Wallabies side for the Newcastle test.
His spot was taken by fellow NZ born league-convert Joe Tomane (Titans).

Big Tim

First Grade
From memory McManus played in the centres in NSW Cup. It was Smith who put him on the wing in Grade before Aku got a shot.