What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coops

grandorient

Bench
Hey Guys,

Whats going on with Coops, I thought he was going to sign a little while ago.

Any whispers.

GrandOrient

dragon_mel

Juniors
On the sunday footy show he said that his manager was currently in talks with the club. He seemed confident and hopeful that he'd remain a dragon. Thats what i got from the interview.

The Preacher

First Grade
Keep him at all cost. As was said earlier, anyone that can run into a tackle at full speed, strip the ball from the left side while going into the blokes right and not even look at the ball deserves top dollar.

Ribs

Bench
Keep him at all cost. As was said earlier, anyone that can run into a tackle at full speed, strip the ball from the right side while going into the blokes left and not even look at the ball deserves top dollar.

Damn right...... we need to nurture this new found talent. That and we need to change our defensive tactics to suit the new rules. No more tackling a player anywhere near the ball.

The Preacher

First Grade
Damn right...... we need to nurture this new found talent. That and we need to change our defensive tactics to suit the new rules. No more tackling a player anywhere near the ball.

Even if you're tackling Noddy ???? :lol:

steelers82

Juniors
with gasiner possibly looking to france its a must to secure cooper.i heard today that we have pulled out of the race for barret as well

big pat

Coach
on the dragons website, they have announced that matt cooper has sign for another 3 years, well done coops.

captain

Juniors
COOPER EXTENDS DRAGONS CONTRACT13 MAY 2008
NSW Origin centre and local junior Matt Cooper has today agreed to terms with the Dragons for a further three years, until the end of 2011.
Cooper has played a total of 149 games in the NRL after making his debut in round 5 of season 2000 against the Sharks.
The Shellharbour Sharks junior today expressed his delight in having his future at the Club resolved.
“I have always said that I wanted to be a one Club man and this new contract supports my aim,” said Cooper. “The Dragons have been such a big part of my life for many years and I am very happy to continue my career at the Club.
“I feel I still have a lot to offer the Club and I see a very bright future here about which I am excited,” he added.
Dragons CEO Peter Doust said he was very pleased for the Club that Cooper had decided to stay with the Dragons given the interest from other Clubs.
“Matt is an exceptional player and has been a high quality example of what the Dragons system can produce,” said Doust. “Matt is a popular player among the team, Members, Partners and supporters so it is great news for everyone that he has elected to stay for a further three years”.
Today’s contract extension co-incides with Cooper’s selection in the NSW Origin Team.
“It is a pretty big day for me,” said Cooper. “Being picked for Origin and knowing that I am staying at the Dragons … I couldn’t be happier,” said Cooper.

Godz Illa

Coach
You've gotta love Coops. Got a feeling that even if he had a get-out clause every year he would ignore it. Loyal clubman, very pleased that we were able to keep him around.

The Preacher

First Grade
As I said when there was first talk of him leaving, it wouldn't be to another NRL club, if he left it would be to England.

A TRUE DRAGON.

I'd go so far as to say that on balance he's been better for us over the years than Gaz. Played heaps more games, and seems to be in the play more than Gaz. Much better value for the $$$.

Good to see we stopped the Dogs getting their greasy paws on him.:D

The Preacher

First Grade
I don't agree Drew, I really think he's on the way back and I was impressed with his effort Saturday night.

big pat

Coach
good to see some players are loyal to their club and area, i dont think he really wanted to go anywhere else, well done coops.

redvscotty

First Grade
I think it also needs to be said good on the Dragons Management team for starting to show some sense in signings and retention ie coops nightingale weyman ( yes i think under bennett he will destroy the competition)

now we just need to get hannant and wallace :D

Latest posts