What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copley or Gagai

AceAv

Juniors
For u copely lovers: I would invite u to go here and watch finals week 3 highlights for 2011:

nrl.com/Video/tabid/10959/Default.aspx

Please watch dale strip the ball from reed as he is landing to score and then pass the ball horribly to him 2 mins later to give manly a try. 12 points that cost us! -coincidently we lost by 12 pts. can't blame him directly for this loss. But from that point I was confident we wouldn't see this f**kup back in 1st grade. These mistakes from him came in almost EVERYGAME! And we'll see it happen again when we lose on Friday!

I doubt you would defend griffs decision if we found out GaiGai signed with parra for 4 years tomorrow because he wasn't given his chance... Sorry to lash out but I'm pissed off!

Mr Saab

Referee
For u copely lovers: I would invite u to go here and watch finals week 3 highlights for 2011:

Please watch dale strip the ball from reed as he is landing to score and then pass the ball horribly to him 2 mins later to give manly a try. 12 points that cost us! -coincidently we lost by 12 pts. can't blame him directly for this loss. But from that point I was confident we wouldn't see this f**kup back in 1st grade. These mistakes from him came in almost EVERYGAME! And we'll see it happen again when we lose on Friday!

I doubt you would defend griffs decision if we found out GaiGai signed with parra for 4 years tomorrow because he wasn't given his chance... Sorry to lash out but I'm pissed off!

Quoted for the truth.

Southern Cross

Juniors
Have Faith Mr Norman will be pleased everyone is now focused on someone else Dale Copley.Not a lot said now that Corey is improving with every match .Dane & Dale are both about the same whoever makes the most of opportunity like say Jack Reed will be the winner meanwhile the Broncos will continue to win because of the culture at the club

Snappy

Coach

lol if that was directed at me,

Im not a Copley lover, but to suggest (as some have) that he has never done anything good is just plain wrong.

FTR, I would also prefer Gagai

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
Is anyone a Copley lover?? He really is just a scapegoat for the forum clowns. He should go ok and if he isn't Gagai is ready and waiting. It is obvious that Hook sees something in Copley because this isn't the first time he has picked Copley over Gagai. I am willing to back Hooks judgement.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Is anyone a Copley lover?? He really is just a scapegoat for the forum clowns. He should go ok and if he isn't Gagai is ready and waiting. It is obvious that Hook sees something in Copley because this isn't the first time he has picked Copley over Gagai. I am willing to back Hooks judgement.

I don't have anything very negative against Copley, I think I was just getting excited about seeing Gagai given the good form he is in. But as another poster said above, I hope we don't lose him. You'd think he would get a run at some other clubs. We've already seen Beale go out the door...

beads6

First Grade
When does Copley's current deal end. We should spend that money on Gillett.

Copley signed for a couple of years last year I am pretty sure. Also lets just drop all players that have ever dropped a football in a match then we can really win a comp. f**khead seriously Wake up. :crazy:

Copley signed for a couple of years last year I am pretty sure. Also lets just drop all players that have ever dropped a football in a match then we can really win a comp. f**khead seriously Wake up. :crazy:

Nice. Do you personally know Copley or something. Copley will never amount to anything that much I know for certain. And we'll see who is awake on Friday when Copley lets down the team again you f**kwit.

beads6

First Grade
Nice. Do you personally know Copley or something. Copley will never amount to anything that much I know for certain. And we'll see who is awake on Friday when Copley lets down the team again you f**kwit.

Never met Copley and probably never will.

Big Pete

Referee
That doesn't mean very much these days...

It means enough though.

This really is a storm in a tea cup. If Gagai is good enough, he'll force Hook's hand.

Just like Hoffy forced Ivan's.

At the same time, I don't think Hook preferring Copley makes it a good idea. He wouldn't be the first good coach to make a bad selection and he won't be the last. Lord knows Bennett persisted with some ordinary players and failed to get the best out of others.

But at the end of the day, I'm going to give Copley a chance. I don't begrudge others disagreeing and welcome alternative opinions - that's what makes this place great.

Last edited:

Steve_oneskie

Juniors

just back the bloke for this weekend at least mate, i really do hope he puts in a man of the match performance just for you. I'm not his biggest fan either but i still believe that Hook knows best because he sees him play and train every day, he knows who has the best attitude he knows who will fit in best to the team. If Hook makes a selection at least back it for a week (preferably a month but some people are too short sited for that) to see how the lad performs.

bronco_buddy

Juniors
I think they picked Copley on the basis that he has had more 1st Grade experience then Gagai.
I reckon Copley is getting better with each game he plays. And it's the Dragons, Hook will be looking for a solid, not spectacular, performance from the lads so I reckon that may have played a part as well.
Apart from dropping the ball with the tryline wide open in the Semi-final, I can't really recall Copley having a bad game last season..............Although my memory isn't a good as it used to be.

AceAv

Juniors
Bronco, did you miss my earlier post? -He cost us 12 points in against Manly in the finals! -He cost us 2 other tries on defense just from memory in the 2d half of last season too. School boy errors some players are just prone to!

I can only assume Griff felt Dane wasn't well enough to train, otherwise why wouldn't Copley be going to Perth as 18th man?? Or Griff brother is a family friend of the Copleys and promised them over xmas to give him some game time ;/. Who knows, the only thing we can be sure of is Copley will make at least 3 errors tonight and they won't be small ones! (I would love to be proven wrong).