What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

copy a key

watatank

Coach
so i've lost a spare key to a house and am looking to replace it...

where is the best place to get one of these and how much would i be looking at spending?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

where is the best place to get one of these and how much would i be looking at spending?

Go to a locksmiths or a key cutting booth in a mall, $5-$10 usually for normal keys. Unless it's one of those coded security keys in which case I think they're about $100 and can only be done by authorisation.

watatank

Coach
hmm that seems alright, thought it was going to be more than that..

what do you mean by coded security keys? i think the key in question is for a sliding door like this, surely it wouldn't be one of those?

thanks

Sliding-Doors.jpg

Ausguy

Coach
is this a serious question watatank or a gee up or is there more to it.

do u need a normal key cut ? but needed to ask on here? im not taking the piss im seriously asking do you not know where to get a key cut?

watatank

Coach
i know where to get a key cut.

i was told it was going to be somewhere around $80 so i thought these prices given here were rather odd so i was bit afraid that the type of key i have is uncommon or something. i haven't had the chance to bring the keys in myself but i will soon. it's not like it's the key is for a high security safe or something so i'm thinking i should be safe.

Skinner

Coach
I think there may be some confusion between a house door key and a car (ignition) key. An ignition key with a chip will start around 80 bucks (can be a lot higher depending on the model of car). As previously stated a door key as you describe will be five to seven bucks at any key cutters in a mall.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think there may be some confusion between a house door key and a car (ignition) key. An ignition key with a chip will start around 80 bucks (can be a lot higher depending on the model of car). As previously stated a door key as you describe will be five to seven bucks at any key cutters in a mall.

Yeah car keys are shocking. My car uses a chipped key and has remote central locking buttons on it, it cost me $300 to replace it when it was lost. Even just getting a replacement key without the remote locking buttons is over $100. And the worst bit is a lost key isn;t covered by either my house or car insurance :(

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

get yourself a macquarie fields key... free from most buliding sites...

Home_Brick1.jpg