What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Coffs dragon

Bench
Surely Norman won't get another contract?
If he is re-signed, i'll go as far as saying that Hook and co are making a Mary era decision. It cannot happen if the club has any sense of decency.
If the club are stupid enough to re-sign this lazy dud, then I’ll give it away following them.
It has been hard enough watching them over the past 2.5 years, with the only glimmer of hope seeing the ex Peanut of a coach flicked and the thought of Normans contract expiring. Enough please!

thebigredv

First Grade
If the club are stupid enough to re-sign this lazy dud, then I’ll give it away following them.
It has been hard enough watching them over the past 2.5 years, with the only glimmer of hope seeing the ex Peanut of a coach flicked and the thought of Normans contract expiring. Enough please!

I'm with you. We had to put up with McGregor persisting with some duds out of misguided loyalty and it took its toll on me.

We all prefer winning as fans but I cannot stand for sabotage which is exactly what it will be to resign our weakest link who guzzles the same cap space equivalent to two players better than him.

BLM01

First Grade
I'm with you. We had to put up with McGregor persisting with some duds out of misguided loyalty and it took its toll on me.

We all prefer winning as fans but I cannot stand for sabotage which is exactly what it will be to resign our weakest link who guzzles the same cap space equivalent to two players better than him.
Sabotage?
I have never seen so much pessimism about a coach who has just come into the fire trying to douse some flames
You would think we have just signed Norman again for the same $$$$
1. The club still may decide to let him go
2. Like Milford he would have to take a massive pay cut if he did stay
3. He is not our weakest link.. NRL standard depth is in all positions including kickers, goal kickers, hookers you name it

thebigredv

First Grade
Sabotage?
I have never seen so much pessimism about a coach who has just come into the fire trying to douse some flames
You would think we have just signed Norman again for the same $$$$
1. The club still may decide to let him go
2. Like Milford he would have to take a massive pay cut if he did stay
3. He is not our weakest link.. NRL standard depth is in all positions including kickers, goal kickers, hookers you name it

Let's see how it plays out in regards to his contract. The point is he should have been asked to look around like Dufty, if we are a proud club and the coach has been monitoring our play for the last 3 years. If the coach thinks he is playing great footy then that does say something about his credentials and the style of play he likes.

What role would Norman play on a reduced contract? Look at Milford play, you'd be paying opposition to have him and the same with Norman.

You could put any other prospect in the 6 tonight and I'd be far more confident that player will upset the opposition more than Corey Norman. This has been tried and tested.

Gareth67

First Grade
If he plays yet another game up to his usual standard , then he had better be shown the door on Monday . The bloke is unreliable in just about every facet of the game , the quicker we get our troops back on deck the better , anyone to replace him .

thebigredv

First Grade
Who said that?

You are happy with Hook playing the patient game with the young guys but you are ignoring the fact that we (should) have loads of cap to spend regardless of how they have been loading contracts.

Watch Reece Walsh tonight. He's 18 and killing it. I'd rather pay big $ for somrone like that to throw into the mix than to put all the eggs in the basket of 6 or 7 developing juniors who, like it or not, are yet unproven in first grade. Sorry but the truth is, right now, he makes Ramsey look second rate.

RedVDave

First Grade
Corey Norman's kicking long kicks are the only thing keeping us in the game we've only had 32% of possession.