What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

thebigredv

First Grade
lol the commentators were really giving it to norman tonight, reminding everyone of his 1 from 10 goal kicking strike rate from the side lines and his awful intercept passes, straight up saying he should be dropped for amone.

They also called him a 'star' which is this false idea based on a couple good games he played 6 or 7 years ago for the eels.

Bad player. Bad broadcasting.

His criticism goes well beyond his inflated salary, he is just very average even in comparison to some of the worst 6s in the comp, and I think if you'd ask Corey himself he is the kind of guy that would admit it.

TruSaint

Referee
Honestly though. When the players are average enough, you don't need your own coach sabotaging any chance you might have left by weakening such crucial positions. The thing is Griffin never even gets questioned about picking Norman who survives on name alone. Meanwhile the fans are screaming blue murder. At times this year Norman has been ok but very meh, and the rest of the time he seems to be a match loser.

Norman is a known quantity to all here.
Im sorry, but Hooks insistance on picking this bloke is one reason I dont want any contract extension. This isnt about tonight.

thebigredv

First Grade
Norman is a known quantity to all here.
Im sorry, but Hooks insistance on picking this bloke is one reason I dont want any contract extension. This isnt about tonight.

When he didn't offer him a contract I felt a sense of relief and then he apparently wants Mbye which is not the kind of player this ailing team needs no matter what discount he comes with. It'll start all over again.

Tired of this being a club players come to be comfy and make up numbers.
Tired of being the team getting left splayed on the ground in every other team's highlight reels.
Tired of being losers.

We were never losers.

TruSaint

Referee
When he didn't offer him a contract I felt a sense of relief and then he apparently wants Mbye which is not the kind of player this ailing team needs no matter what discount he comes with. It'll start all over again.

Tired of this being a club players come to be comfy and make up numbers.
Tired of being the team getting left splayed on the ground in every other team's highlight reels.
Tired of being losers.

We were never losers.

Yeah mate, Im just venting. It hurts and we are all tired.

BBTB

Juniors
lol the commentators were really giving it to norman tonight, reminding everyone of his 1 from 10 goal kicking strike rate from the side lines and his awful intercept passes, straight up saying he should be dropped for amone.
Yes he should be dropped.
Maybe Hook was just waiting for one of these youngsters to step up. Well there you go
Hook........AMONE....just took that big step.

Whatever your views on Corey and posting them here, I’ve got no problem with (as long as it’s not personal or abusive etc). I’m not a fan of his form at the dragons for the most part, so not defending that…

However when hate-posts are collated by a tyrannical (but weak as piss) media outlet attributed to “staff writers” to fan flames of anger directed at a player to get clicks… that’s what I’ve got a problem with…

I’ve said it before that Fox League have regularly grandstanded as do-gooders for mental health and giving us “full access” to players during games etc…

Yet on the flip side they are happy to trash players publically for clicks. To meet their KPI’s and keep advertising money rolling in.

The line between criticism and abuse is pretty clear to me. and why I’ve boycotted fox altogether. Sampson Alexander Kent Hooper are all just shitstirrers as far as im concerned. There’s a few good folk in there but on the whole they are just woeful.

Dragon David

First Grade
Whatever your views on Corey and posting them here, I’ve got no problem with (as long as it’s not personal or abusive etc). I’m not a fan of his form at the dragons for the most part, so not defending that…

However when hate-posts are collated by a tyrannical (but weak as piss) media outlet attributed to “staff writers” to fan flames of anger directed at a player to get clicks… that’s what I’ve got a problem with…

I’ve said it before that Fox League have regularly grandstanded as do-gooders for mental health and giving us “full access” to players during games etc…

Yet on the flip side they are happy to trash players publically for clicks. To meet their KPI’s and keep advertising money rolling in.

The line between criticism and abuse is pretty clear to me. and why I’ve boycotted fox altogether. Sampson Alexander Kent Hooper are all just shitstirrers as far as im concerned. There’s a few good folk in there but on the whole they are just woeful.

They are all arrogant so and so's.

thebigredv

First Grade

Honestly the coach should protect him by not selecting him anymore. Abuse is not tolerated at all but it's beyond frustrating at this point. I wouldn't possibly hack it if he were being kept on at the club. His selection is not warranted one iota and I reckon Corey knows it.

On a positive, at least he added a few more try assists to his name last night. 🤭

TruSaint

Referee

Fox have sunk to a new low.

Promoting social media posts for entertainment ?

Anyway, I am gonna get off the Norman bashing.

At the end of the day, his signing with us didnt work out, but he doesnt select himself.

He will move on and so will we, but I have to say the frenzy over one player is over the top, when we all know our problems go much deeper.

Critique is fine.. Being obsessed with a bloke whom is selected week in week out is unhealthy.

Corey isnt in our plans for 22. End of.

Last edited:
Fox have sunk to a new low.

Promoting social media posts for entertainment ?

Anyway, I am gonna get off the Norman bashing.

At the end of the day, his signing with us didnt work out, but he doesnt select himself week in week out.

He will move on and so will we, but I have to say the frenzy over one player is over the top, when we all know our problems go much deeper.

Critique is fine.. Being obsessed with a bloke whom is selected week in week out is unhealthy.

Corey isnt in our plans for 22. End of.
Mate well said.

Illusion

Bench
They also called him a 'star' which is this false idea based on a couple good games he played 6 or 7 years ago for the eels.

Bad player. Bad broadcasting.

His criticism goes well beyond his inflated salary, he is just very average even in comparison to some of the worst 6s in the comp, and I think if you'd ask Corey himself he is the kind of guy that would admit it.
Yep lets not blame him entirely , he doesn't pick himself every week ...... Blame the Geniuses that signed him long term and the coaches past and present that keep picking the guy week in week out ......

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Putting all those comments together in one post is pretty ordinary by Fox. Individually they are probably not that bad, thankfully they didn't peep at our forum...I have never been a massive Norman basher and realise we have bigger problems but after last week it is time he got dropped. His group of champion mates probably wont like it but at the end of the day when you are a public figure you are going to be in public discussions, it is part and parcel of earning the kind of money in 1 year I make in 8 years. None of these comments were private messages to Corey as far as I'm aware which is without a doubt crossing the line. I don't think there is a sports person alive that that hasn't copped shit from fans at some stage. My opinion of Corey is that he has a good kicking game, is a big body and not the worst defender. While we were in the hunt he was worth sticking with especially with Hunt fit. I feel Hook has given him ample chance to earn himself a new contract and unfortunately he just hasn't got it done. NRL isn't a charity service and even the commentators are giving it to him never mind the fans. I still hope he earns a contract as a backup half somewhere and wish him well but it is now time to look to the future.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Norman has been terrible but why blame him when the coaches keep picking him when he is out of form. If they had the balls to drop him he may have actually pulled his finger out and tried to regain his form. Hook is the worst culprit in all this even putting him at centre in one game. To his way of thinking he is playing well enough for first grade as he always gets picked.

Trifili13

Juniors
While Norman hasn't worked out, IMO he has plenty of other mates on the field that can't hold a ball, miss tackles, bad reads of of play, I could go on. While he is part of the reason why we are not a good team, he has 16 others with him each week that contribute to our ladder position.

Norman has been terrible but why blame him when the coaches keep picking him when he is out of form. If they had the balls to drop him he may have actually pulled his finger out and tried to regain his form. Hook is the worst culprit in all this even putting him at centre in one game. To his way of thinking he is playing well enough for first grade as he always gets picked.

It’s a good point. Was much like the hate for Shane Watson, or more recently the Marsh brothers in cricket.

They don’t pick themselves to play, others do that.

Personally I don’t dislike Norman. He’s just not the guy for the job IMO.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I think the problem is he has clearly been out of form for such a long time it frustrates the hell out of supporters every week he keeps getting picked. Personally I would have thought Bird was a logical 6, for the back half of this year as he played there previously