What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I think the problem is he has clearly been out of form for such a long time it frustrates the hell out of supporters every week he keeps getting picked. Personally I would have thought Bird was a logical 6, for the back half of this year as he played there previously
Trouble is that Bird has no creativity whatsoever. He is a straight up and down player, in the mould of Jack Wighton. He will be committed, but the attack will stagnate 2nd pass from the ruck with Bird. We missed a trick 12-18 months ago by not throwing Dufty is at #6.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
It’s a good point. Was much like the hate for Shane Watson, or more recently the Marsh brothers in cricket.

They don’t pick themselves to play, others do that.

Personally I don’t dislike Norman. He’s just not the guy for the job IMO.
It is hard to dislike someone if you have never met them. Norman's problem is (i) his inflated contract brings inflated expectations; (ii) his form has been underwhelming for a long time; (iii) his "lax" nonchalant attitude really hurts him; (iv) he is always one of those blokes who is only 30 minutes away from trouble off the field (was anyone surprised he was at the BBQ, left his car parked outside with his personal plates?).

If I was a parent of one of the young kids coming through I wouldn't want Norman anywhere near my child. I cannot see how Norman adds anything to culture, leadership, values etc.

I am struggling to think of a worse signing at our club in the last 50 years. I think his on field performance has been that bad.

Finally, I respect Hook but this continued obsession with Norman, alongside his desire to resign Norman is greatly concerning and could ultimately hurt him.

It is hard to dislike someone if you have never met them. Norman's problem is (i) his inflated contract brings inflated expectations; (ii) his form has been underwhelming for a long time; (iii) his "lax" nonchalant attitude really hurts him; (iv) he is always one of those blokes who is only 30 minutes away from trouble off the field (was anyone surprised he was at the BBQ, left his car parked outside with his personal plates?).

If I was a parent of one of the young kids coming through I wouldn't want Norman anywhere near my child. I cannot see how Norman adds anything to culture, leadership, values etc.

I am struggling to think of a worse signing at our club in the last 50 years. I think his on field performance has been that bad.

Finally, I respect Hook but this continued obsession with Norman, alongside his desire to resign Norman is greatly concerning and could ultimately hurt him.

Can see your view mate, I saw his signing as a “panic buy” when Widdop decided to leave short of his contract and to try and maximise the “premiership window” we had at the time….

It was a gun side, but missing an experienced 6 to complement Hunt. I remember at the time a few things…

- there weren’t any other quality halves on the market.
- I can’t recall any of our juniors kicking the door down to warrant a first grade spot, and think Hutchison was seriously injured, the natural successor from memory.
- a mate of mine who’s an eels fan said to me at the pub after work on a Friday, after we’d signed Norman… “you can have him, good luck”..

It hasn’t worked out for us, or Norman, McGregor, or anyone in the team really. And definitely not the fans…

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Honestly the coach should protect him by not selecting him anymore. Abuse is not tolerated at all but it's beyond frustrating at this point. I wouldn't possibly hack it if he were being kept on at the club. His selection is not warranted one iota and I reckon Corey knows it.

On a positive, at least he added a few more try assists to his name last night. 🤭
The coach selections and arsehole reporting are two separate issues.

The reporting is often the result of hate postings on social media. The two tend to feed off each other.

I'm guessing this discussion is taking place because folks are finally seeing how these things can reach toxic levels.

Boo hoo.

Maybe we should give him a 2 year extension and make him an Immortal with a participation certificate ffs.

What an aimless joke of a club we have devolved to. Keep picking him. Whatever. Who gives a shit. I care about as much Corey does when kicking goals or throwing intercepts.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don’t think any supporter of the red v hates Corey.

Some of us may loathe his performances.

Hook will keep picking him until he has a clear better alternative.

Junior Amone has emerged from the shadows, but if he selects Junior, who is going to make the clearing kicks?
I'd like to agree with you but imo there have been a minority who take Norman's presence very personality.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Junior Amone has emerged from the shadows, but if he selects Junior, who is going to make the clearing kicks?
I agree. The dislike of CN is for his performance (or lack of it) on the field. I wish him well in the future, just somewhere else. Even his much vaunted kicking game is overrated IMO - long beautiful kicks that rarely find open spaces or trouble the catcher! Yeah, enjoy the rest of your life Corey.

denis preston

First Grade

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought one of amone's best skills was his kicking game ? Dont know if that was just short kicking but to finally put Normans Dragons career to bed surely long kicking that normally goes straight to the back 3 is not a reason to keep ?

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought one of amone's best skills was his kicking game ? Dont know if that was just short kicking but to finally put Normans Dragons career to bed surely long kicking that normally goes straight to the back 3 is not a reason to keep ?
Amone has a very good short kicking game

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I'd like to agree with you but imo there have been a minority who take Norman's presence very personality.
Willow, I take the decisions of the idiots who originally signed him very personally; and I am starting to take Hook's continual selection of him even more so.

It's not Norman's fault he was handed a ludicrous 3 year X 800K PA salary. Who in their right mind would have sanctioned this?

Dragon David

First Grade
Willow, I take the decisions of the idiots who originally signed him very personally; and I am starting to take Hook's continual selection of him even more so.

It's not Norman's fault he was handed a ludicrous 3 year X 800K PA salary. Who in their right mind would have sanctioned this?
Particularly when I don't think he was in demand just like now!

Willow

Assistant Moderator

I agree on that point, and it's an old adage... the fish stinks from the head down.

_Johnsy

Referee
Just heard on 9 news Norman to be dropped for Amone......guess we will have to wait and see
Happy Yes It Is GIF

Latest posts