What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

King hit

Coach
I was talking with my friend who works in health research about the lock down and he said it could be around a month.

azza29

Juniors
NZ travel ban certainly complicates things, either Warriors relocate to Australia for a bit or those games as treated as a draw, if the Australian teams continue playing.

Super Rugby is completely screwed though...

King hit

Coach
It seems inevitable that the season will be suspended. Just cancel out the Round 1 games and hopefully come back for a 15 round season in a couple of months.
The entire 2017 season went till the 1st of December so I can’t see the harm in playing later matches as players would be getting a longer break with the season postponed. Cancel the nines for next year and potentially trial games.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think the NRL will have to (and should) shut the comp down next week. Way too unfair on the Warriors to play on from here.

t-ba

Post Whore
Stop playing

It's gotta be done.

As nice an idea it sounds like to keep the footy going we'd have to isolate every squad and their support staff. That's near on a thousand people kept from their close ones at a pretty uncertain time.

These dudes aren't our personal slaves fighting in the Colosseum.

Springs09

Juniors
Stop playing

It's gotta be done.

As nice an idea it sounds like to keep the footy going we'd have to isolate every squad and their support staff. That's near on a thousand people kept from their close ones at a pretty uncertain time.

These dudes aren't our personal slaves fighting in the Colosseum.

Why would we have to keep every player from their families? You're still allowed to be in contact with other people.

t-ba

Post Whore
Why would we have to keep every player from their families? You're still allowed to be in contact with other people.

Great.

Now who can their family members be in contact with?

What happens when one of the kids picks it up at school?