What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

The_Frog

First Grade
Haven’t had a case in Newcastle for 12 months. PVL and Gladys the beak can get f**ked.
You should thank them. Gladys's health advisors believe there is a significant risk it would spread to Newy if a large event were held there with a crowd.

Vlandys was told they couldn't have a crowd. If you play at an empty MJS you may as well play at ANZ, or Bankwest, or Henson Park.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
So I can see the Comp being suspended a week to get the hubs in order or are they just gonna steam through?

I can't see the comp being suspended for too long. Sport's too important to keeping order in general to stop again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Clean sweep in qld at all their home grounds will be greatest NSW win
Aroused South Park GIF

All of NSW if it happens.

franklin2323

Immortal
If it's all in one place there are no borders to cross.

Yes but then you have sides sharing training fields. For scans for injuries etc

The smaller groups are better for that reason. ACT and Vic have no travel issues with QLD. Even within QLD you spread between cities

Valheru

Coach
I doubt the ACT government would take the game TBH. It is complete luck that this current outbreak hasn't made it's way to Canberra and I don't see the government willing to risk Sydney siders coming to Canberra for the game which undoubtedly a few would. Policing ACT borders is an almost impossible task.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes but then you have sides sharing training fields. For scans for injuries etc

The smaller groups are better for that reason. ACT and Vic have no travel issues with QLD. Even within QLD you spread between cities
It’s less about risk of infection, which is tiny, and more about borders closing and teams being unable to travel.

18to87

First Grade
I doubt the ACT government would take the game TBH. It is complete luck that this current outbreak hasn't made it's way to Canberra and I don't see the government willing to risk Sydney siders coming to Canberra for the game which undoubtedly a few would. Policing ACT borders is an almost impossible task.
I agree there is certainly luck involved, but people here take it seriously. Didn't hear or see a single complaint about the mask mandate of the last few weeks (that ended on Friday).

Valheru

Coach
I agree there is certainly luck involved, but people here take it seriously. Didn't hear or see a single complaint about the mask mandate of the last few weeks (that ended on Friday).
That's true but in terms of it getting here that really makes no difference.

There were 26000 people who declared they were in greater Sydney since late June and were told to isolate. Not one of them tested positive. And that is only the people that declared it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Facts aren't necessary when it comes to reasons why Perth Red whinges about something.

This is true. Not even sure Newcastle would move.

I'd move another side to Canberra. Another too Melbourne.

Then go Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Townsville etc. It gets the sides out of Sydney.

Although if you could Regional NSW even better

Latest posts