What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
with 8 weeks to go until the Gf its going to be a moving feast. They probably wont lock it in until 2-3 weeks before potentially. Obviously depending on lock down and crowds (and what a state may be willing to pay) Im sure the preferencw will be 1. Sydney 2. Brisbane 3. MCG 4. Perth or Adelaide. Id love to see it come to Perth but suspect our states strict border control my be a deterrent.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Brisbane will get the GF for sure, the Queensland govt have done a back door deal with the NRL and in return they will allow the NRL to play matches during the lockdown. Remember the Queensland govt only allowed the NRL and not the AFL to continue to play games.

azza29

Juniors
with 8 weeks to go until the Gf its going to be a moving feast.
Booked flights and hotel for Sydney GF (now unlikely), also have flights and hotel for Brisbane GF. If it's in Melbourne all good. Any other possibilities I should prepare for... Townsville maybe?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Booked flights and hotel for Sydney GF (now unlikely), also have flights and hotel for Brisbane GF. If it's in Melbourne all good. Any other possibilities I should prepare for... Townsville maybe?
Actually townsville, Canberra or Newcastle could be outsiders. Obviously ticket sales and corporate facilities would be compromised over the big stadia but regional areas may be the only place left by then that you can have crowds at!

jargan83

Coach
The scuttlebutt that Melbourne could host the Grand Final is interesting given the AFL has reportedly been lining Perth up as hub location to take not just the AFL GF but the entire finals series dependent on what the Melbourne crowd situation looks like in September.

Id suggest it's an empty threat from V'Landys to make sure the recent round wasn't ruined by the snap lockdown in Brisbane.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The scuttlebutt that Melbourne could host the Grand Final is interesting given the AFL has reportedly been lining Perth up as hub location to take not just the AFL GF but the entire finals series dependent on what the Melbourne crowd situation looks like in September.

Id suggest it's an empty threat from V'Landys to make sure the recent round wasn't ruined by the snap lockdown in Brisbane.
Maybe but NRL needs revenue and 90k tickets sold plus a few mill from the Voc Govt wouldnt go amiss in the coffers. Dont know why they dont just make it only available to people who have been double vaccinated. Reduces transmission risk and certainly reduces health outcome risk.

azza29

Juniors
Dont know why they dont just make it only available to people who have been double vaccinated. Reduces transmission risk and certainly reduces health outcome risk.
This has already been ruled out for the AFL grand final, also rather unfair given that most people under 40 are still ineligible outside of Sydney and regional SA. A negative test result 3 days prior is probably reasonable though.

gerg

Juniors
My team just stumbled and fell into 8th place, so I think the most sensible thing to do is scrap the rest of the regular season and start the finals next week. No players nicknamed turbo or giraffe are allowed to play the first week.

Get it done, our Vlad.

Canard

Immortal
The GF will be in BrisVegas.

I'd love it to be in Melbourne, but the two further lockdowns between now and the end of September will put paid to that.

simmo05

Bench
Maybe West Tiger had Covid Lambda version last night.

What are the symptoms:
Loss of heart muscle
Poor brain function inhibiting sensible decision making
General feeling of apathy and I don't give a shit.
Poor muscular function inhibiting players to pass or kick properly

Good to see the Tiges practising social distancing with their dummy half.
The tigers variant is called covid-12

Perth Red

Post Whore
16 new cases in SE Qlnd yesterday. Fingers crossed they get on top of it but looks like lockdown could be on for a while. 199 new cases in Sydney who are now going on a mass vaccination push.

Canard

Immortal
Id have thought it would have made more sense to get out of the cities and play at redcliffe, sunny coast and NQ?
Given that 2 of those three venues are in lockdown, I doubt it

I'd suggest that all games this weekend will be out of Suncorp.

Latest posts