What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cory Paterson's confidence on rise again after drought broken

Jono078

Referee
Very good example. I completelyy agree. The deep end is not always as dangerous as it sounds; sometimes you just have to throw them in and wait for the rewards.
It's one thing I hated about Smith and Pika mentions it a lot on here "He's not NRL ready".. That's all sh*t talk, sometimes you don't know who's ready until you give them a solid run. Can't get everything from training or playing in a lower standard comp.

Pika

Bench
Patterson ruled himself out this year. He was hardly 'held back'......

He has been available for six weeks. Three of those were getting match fitness back.

There are two ways to handle someone with mental illness. Softly, or throw them in. We all know which way Smith went, and I had a strong feeling Stone would throw him in.

What if Patterson had a shocker and ruled himself out again?

Patterson is a bad example for the 'not ready' and 'held back' arguement. Its a precarious situation when it comes to returning someone to NRL with a mental illness.

Who else has been 'held back'? Who else has Smith or Stone not given a start in NRL that deserved it?

Who are these players that 'are not ready for NRL' that I mention on here a lot?

Frederick

Staff member
Pika said:
Who are these players that 'are not ready for NRL' that I mention on here a lot?
I get the feeling they may be figments of an imagination made up purely for arguments sake

Jono078

Referee
Maybe not "not nrl ready" exactly but Joel Edwards apparently isn't as "nrl ready" as Tovo.

Pika

Bench
Well say what you mean.

There is a big differnece between Tovo simply being better than Edwards at this point in time then Edwards not being ready.

Any others?

Jono078

Referee
Well say what you mean.

There is a big differnece between Tovo simply being better than Edwards at this point in time then Edwards not being ready.

Any others?
Stig would be another where i've read not NRL ready this year.

I'm not arguing the whether they are worthy of being selected in FG or not.

I just hate the term 'NRL ready'.

Not a big issue anyway.

Pika

Bench
Stig would be another where i've read not NRL ready this year.

I'm not arguing the whether they are worthy of being selected in FG or not.

I just hate the term 'NRL ready'.

Not a big issue anyway.

Yeah, fair enough mate.

I guess it can get a little frustrating when we have fringe first graders busting for a debut when the team is going poor and it gets harped bout 'his not ready, his not ready'.

macavity

Referee
anyone seen that new bonds ad with the girls roller skating in their underwear?

he should watch that for motivation.

bonds_newsite.gif

reckon the Mariners should sue for breach of trademark?

whidds

Juniors
how do u know he is not ready?
con mika went alright in his first run, and i havent heard much of him since returning to 20's.
tovo the same. give them the chance and they step up?
what u reckon karma?

Pika

Bench
Would you drop Faas or Wicks to give Tetavano a start?

Would Mullen or Dodge have a spell to give Stigg a go?

whidds

Juniors
Would you drop Faas or Wicks to give Tetavano a start?

Would Mullen or Dodge have a spell to give Stigg a go?

i live in the UK mate, so i dont get to see the games which sucks very much. so i dont know, that why i ask the questions. thanks very much though for peoples feedback.
would there be no chance rogers would be dropped for stig?
cheers

Frederick

Staff member
i live in the UK mate, so i dont get to see the games which sucks very much. so i dont know, that why i ask the questions. thanks very much though for peoples feedback.
would there be no chance rogers would be dropped for stig?
cheers
You can watch them online through BigpondTV

Latest posts