What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cory to sit out season?

Yosh

Coach
Waow hope you all the best mate. Always remember you have everything going for you and your an absolute champion!

Love you always Yosh!

Pika

Bench
Game to game proposition.

Thread title a little hysterical.

Good kid, better that he has it out there and is dealing with it.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thumbs up to Cory for putting his hand up in admiting the issue and taking steps to get help. Too many young men these days just try to "suck it up" and ignore what is a very serious issue wich has the potential to have terrible concequences if ignored.

Good luck Pato. We are all behind you and you certainly have not let anyone down.

It's a bit selfish to see this as a "sad" thing.
Cory has asked for help, & it looks as if he has the full suppport of his employer.
By bringing this out he is sure to have the full support of his friends & team-mates. We, the callous flippant observers now have been given some insight into the "virus" that he if suffering from. It's terrific that he is in an environment that he feels safe enough to make this admission. i only wish that every one was so well supported.
Best of luck Cory. Take your time.

aqua_duck

Coach
I honestly believe that playing footy is the best thing for him. Besides the game itself being around his team mates and support network will do him the world of good. If he doesn't feel right to play I think thats fine but he should still travel with the team and be around the boys. I know Coops isn't suffering depression but doing his knee would be quite depressing but you see him in the dressing room before games and he looks so happy to be around the team even if he's not playing. Every player in the team will feel encouraged just seeing Cory turn up to training and on the team bus, in turn that positive energy could be very good for Cory
The worst thing he could do is sit at home feeling sorry for himself

Big Tim

First Grade
I noticed something strange around Pato a few weeks ago, even asked Pika about it. I thought it was just struggling with injury, but it turns out to be far worse.

The unfortunate thing for Cory is that there is no timeframe to be back, like a normal "injury". Good luck champ, you are a great man for seeking help.

bails

Juniors
Wow just finished watching the media conference,congrats to the club and corey for being so forthright.Only hope he's back to his old self sooner than later and a win over the tigers might cheer him up a little

Hanscholo

Bench
Our 'past' is that the club did an unbelievably good job the last time we had this problem.

I was refering to Andrew Johns bi-polar. Im not sure what your referring to.

I was giving the club a wrap, embracing the issue, taking the loss of a player in their stride and getting on with it instead of pretending it wasnt happening.

I dont recall any other such incidents? Maybe i missed something.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
I was refering to Andrew Johns bi-polar. Im not sure what your referring to.

I was giving the club a wrap, embracing the issue, taking the loss of a player in their stride and getting on with it instead of pretending it wasnt happening.

I dont recall any other such incidents? Maybe i missed something.
Your attitudes to mental illness are like something out of the dark ages.
I have to assume your life has never been touched by any mental health issues for you to be so ignorant of them, so i suppose that's a good thing for you.

For the record, the club got the very best of medical help for Johns, and did not destroy his life or throw him on the scrapheap for having a mental illness as you repeatedly seem to advocate, and as a mental health worker for over 30 years i have nothing but admiration for the way they handled it, and am apalled every time i see you advocating the opposite, because punishing people for being mentally ill is very low, but all too common.

Last edited: