What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costigan signs with Raiders

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think they have an 'awesome' pack next year, so to speak. They'll have a reasonable side without being world beaters. Losing a lot of experience and I don't expect them to match their efforts from this yr. If they are in with a shot of making the finals come end of season I'd consider it a successful yr.

lucablight

First Grade
skeepe said:
With Matt Bickerstaff reportedly close to signing on for next year as well, we're going to have one hell of a pack. Where do we put them all?

Not even Nathan Hindmarsh would be able to make the top 17 would he?

legend

Coach
We'll see next year because it's the usual suspects that write the Raiders off every year and a few Raiders who left this year did so at the right time. IMO Croker and Smith are ready to retire and our biggest losses were Mogg and Schif but again Schif will be 32 next year.

Hodgson was no great loss and Costigan more than replaces him IMO.

I can't with until round one next year to see the new look Canberra Raiders and their fearsome forward pack. ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
legend said:
We'll see next year because it's the usual suspects that write the Raiders off every year and a few Raiders who left this year did so at the right time. IMO Croker and Smith are ready to retire and our biggest losses were Mogg and Schif but again Schif will be 32 next year.

Hodgson was no great loss and Costigan more than replaces him IMO.

I can't with until round one next year to see the new look Canberra Raiders and their fearsome forward pack. ;-)

I'm definately not writing them off. I don't think any team can be written off next year, apart from maybe the Roosters, most teams are about the same or better. Some like the Raiders are going for youth and giving their youngsters a go, which I think is great, but lets be honest here, that'll either work well or it'll back fire, I hope it works well.

On the forward pack, again, alot of youth it'll either work or it wont, but to call it an impressive or fearsome pack is taking it a little far, especially when you have packs like the Broncos, Storm, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs, Eels, Warriors, Knights, Eagles ect running around. About the only Raider's forward I would want at the Broncos would be getting Learoyd Lahrs back, and he's about the only one that'd get a start too.

Kiwi

First Grade
waltzing Meninga said:
For those who think the Raiders will get the spoon next year. have a look at the forward depth.

Troy Thompson
Michael Weyman
Dane Tilse
Lincoln Withers
Andrew Dunemann
Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
Scott Logan
Josh Miller
Alan Tongue
Glen Turner
Neville Costigan
Matt Bickerstaff (likeley)
Marshall Chalk
Alan Rothery
Willie Raston
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Ben Jones
Jason Williams
Kris Kahler

Isn't he a back?

raidz3r

Juniors
I dont think you have seen Micheal Weyman play kiwi...
i could keep naming the rest of the good forwards we have..but if u dont think micheal weyman is awesome then you have issues.

Kiwi

First Grade
raidz3r said:
I dont think you have seen Micheal Weyman play kiwi...
i could keep naming the rest of the good forwards we have..but if u dont think micheal weyman is awesome then you have issues.

I wouldn't swap the likes of Hannant, Taylor, Petero and Thaiday for him thats for sure.

Raider Azz

Bench
Kiwi said:
I wouldn't swap the likes of Hannant, Taylor, Petero and Thaiday for him thats for sure.
then you are definately smoking crack. only petero would have weyman beat, maybe thaiday too but i'd still rate weyman higher on potentional.

Kiwi

First Grade
Raider Azz said:
then you are definately smoking crack. only petero would have weyman beat, maybe thaiday too but i'd still rate weyman higher on potentional.

Hannant is about the only one I wouldn't rate higher than Weyman. Thaiday definately, Petero is a no brainer and all I can say is wait till you see Taylor play, the kid deadset will make Weyman and many others look second rate.

Kiwi

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
Bahahahahahaha Hannant over Weyman, lmao

Hannant does his job, we have the "Weyman" type players in Thaiday, Parker, and Taylor ( next year ). Hannant is more the no frills bash it up front rower, which is why I wouldn't swap him for Weyman.

aqua_duck

Coach
Michael Weyman is the best up and coming prop in the game. I'm not a canberra fan or anything but the bloke is awesome, if it weren't for injury and the fact he played for canberra, he'd be an origin player and probably a test player by now.

greenhat

Juniors
There was a rumour a month or two back that he's being looked at for tri-nations this year

Latest posts