What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costigan signs

1-Bronx Goodwin
2-Marshall Chalk
3-Phil Graham
4-David Howell
5-Colin Best
6-Todd Carney
7-Mick Dobson
8-Dane Tilse
9-Lincoln Withers
10-Troy Thompson
11-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
12-Neville Costigan
13-Alan Tongue (C)

INTERCHANGE:
14-William Zillman
15-Josh Miller
16-Trevor Thurling
17-Mick Weyman

1. Zillman
2. Goodwin
3. Graham
4. Howell
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. TLL
12. Costigan
13. Tongue (c)

Res:
14. Chalk/Dunneman
15. Weyman
16. Miller
17. Thurling

I think Zilly would be a waste on the bench, and judging from all reports, I reckon Dobbo will be our halfback, so I'd test Zilly at fullback with Bronx on the wing.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Has Bronx even played firsts yet? i say keep him in regies until we have injuries, hasn't furner already said zilman will start 2007 in the no#1 jersy

Timbo

Staff member
I love it how people keep saying Furner says Zillman will start in the #1 next season.

I think I'll wait for Henry's verdict.

les amber

Juniors
1. William ZILLMAN
2. Colin BEST
3. Phil GRAHAM
4. Craig FRAWLEY
5. Marshall CHALK
6. Todd CARNEY
7. Mick DOBSON
8. Troy THOMPSON
9. Lincoln WITHERS (c)
10. Matt BICKERSTAFF
11. Thom LEAROYD-LAHRS
12. Neville COSTIGAN
13. Alan TONGUE

14. Mick WHEYMAN
15. Josh MILLER
16. Trevor THURLING
17. Glen TURNER

1. Bronx GOODWIN
2. Adrian PURTELL
3. Semita SA
4. Jermaine ALE
5. David MILNE
6. Andrew DUNNEMUM (J.Van DIK)
7. Marc HERBERT
8. Dane TILSE
9. Ryan HINCHCLIFFE
10. Scott LOGAN
11. Alan ROTHERY
12. Glen TURNER
13. Kris KAHLER

14. Willie RASTON
15. Ben JONES
16. Andrew LOMU
17. Jason WILLIAMS

Look at the inpact off the bench in both grades...

raidersforme

Juniors
Way too many choices but i pick

1-Bronx Goodwin
2-William Zillman
3-Phil Graham
4-David Howell/Brett Kelly/ Steve Irwin
5-Colin Best/ Brett Kelly/ Steve Irwin
6-Todd Carney
7-Mick Dobson
8-Dane Tilse
9-Lincoln Withers/ Andrew Dunemann
10-Troy Thompson/ Glen Turner
11-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
12-Neville Costigan
13-Alan Tongue (C)

INTERCHANGE:
14-Marshall Chalk
15-Josh Miller
16-Trevor Thurling/ Scott Logan
17-Mick Weyman

Awesome pack
if they can handle transition and geling together then look out
:D :D :D

aussies1st

Staff member
1-Bronx Goodwin
2-Marshall Chalk
3-Phil Graham
4-David Howell
5-Colin Best
6-Todd Carney
7-Mick Dobson
8-Dane Tilse
9-Lincoln Withers
10-Troy Thompson
11-Josh Miller
12-Neville Costigan
13-Alan Tongue (C)

INTERCHANGE:
14-William Zillman
15-Glen Turner
16-Trevor Thurling
17-Mick Weyman

dubby

Bench
Bay56 said:
agree dubster but nontheless management must be congratulated on the signing of Costigan

Yeah they did a good job. Its about time we signed a rep player who was in demand from other clubs. Its nice to be a priority! :cool:

thickos

First Grade
Rd 1 side (no TLL):

1. Marshall Chalk
2. Colin Best
3. Phil Graham
4. David Howell
5. Adrian Purtell
6. William Zillman
7. Todd Carney
8. Dane Tilse
9. Lincoln Withers
10. Troy Thompson
11. Neville Costigan
12. Josh Miller
13. Alan Tongue

14. Michael Weyman
15. Scott Logan
16. Trevor Thurling
17. Andrew Dunemann

thickos

First Grade
For the record, Bronx IMO won't get the starting #1, I don't rate Frawley and Dunemann offers a bit of versatility off the bench. The forwards - take your pick, we have thousands of em :D

woodgers

Bench
Can I ask if people actually rate Dunnyman or are some of us just chucking him in because we bought him from o/s? Personally he wouldn't get near my 17 but I don't watch ESL. He just doesn't fit into my picture of getting our long term players gelling and playing together. I don't think you can say 'chuck him in for experience' because if you look at his career he has never really done anything.

hrundi99

First Grade
I think that he was bought with the intention of having his experience used to develop the younger chaps. He surely won't be doing that from PL.

Whether we like it or not he is surely earmarked for 1st grade.

hrundi99 said:
I think that he was bought with the intention of having his experience used to develop the younger chaps. He surely won't be doing that from PL.

Whether we like it or not he is surely earmarked for 1st grade.

Exactly the reason as to why I picked him...

Raider Azz

Bench
a few reports from the UK that i have read on these forums indicate that he has been going pretty well over there. remember what everyone said when we signed jason smith...

Poida_Raider

Bench
have dobson and dunnemann come up against each other over there?? i guess they probably would have, i wonder who is leading that battle.. i might go have a look.

Poida_Raider

Bench
Raider Azz said:
a few reports from the UK that i have read on these forums indicate that he has been going pretty well over there. remember what everyone said when we signed jason smith...

the difference being that jason smith was a rep star when he went over to the uk, and dunnemann was a souths reject.

edabomb

First Grade
I want to see Dobson in the side pretty much for his short kicking game, which looks to be good from what I've seen on ESL. Our fifth tackle options in the opponents half have been horrible this entire season, and are probably the difference between us being a top 8 and top 4 side. While Smith takes the majority of the short kicks, Carney doesn't seem to offer much when he gets involved either. Could someone objective give a critique on Zillmans short kick game?

I know it Bay, 69, Woodgers or GE answer they'll say he kicks the ball like a God, and the only reason it isn't a talked up point of his game is the players in reggies aren't up to the standards of his kicks to score off them.

parra pete

Referee
I think there are very exciting times ahead in 2007...and they are not over in 2006. IMO, the Raiders would be confident of 'getting' the Storm in a semi final after the effort last weekend...

woodgers

Bench
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
I want to see Dobson in the side pretty much for his short kicking game, which looks to be good from what I've seen on ESL. Our fifth tackle options in the opponents half have been horrible this entire season, and are probably the difference between us being a top 8 and top 4 side. While Smith takes the majority of the short kicks, Carney doesn't seem to offer much when he gets involved either. Could someone objective give a critique on Zillmans short kick game?

I know it Bay, 69, Woodgers or GE answer they'll say he kicks the ball like a God, and the only reason it isn't a talked up point of his game is the players in reggies aren't up to the standards of his kicks to score off them.

Why would Zillman need to kick when he scores with the ball in hand so often :D . Carney can kick a ball short, you just haven't had much chance to see it because Smith takes 90% of them or some goon like Woolford attempts it.

woodgers

Bench
Poida_Raider said:
the difference being that jason smith was a rep star when he went over to the uk, and dunnemann was a souths reject.

Couldn't have said it better. He is basically being picked because people have heard of him really. No one knows much about him at all. I guess all we can do is give him a clean slate and hope he isn't a dud. I'm not holding my breath but.