What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could it be that!!

Sharkie73

Bench
Someone at the club has realised finally what we have some great talent coming through our lower grades? After all when you look at who we have signed and let go it appears to be the old stop gap ploy. Maybe just maybe we might see some of these kids get a run in first grade......something that should have been done more of this year.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sharkie73 said:
Someone at the club has realised finally what we have some great talent coming through our lower grades? After all when you look at who we have signed and let go it appears to be the old stop gap ploy. Maybe just maybe we might see some of these kids get a run in first grade......something that should have been done more of this year.

Good point. A possible positive amongst the angst.

I don't know if this will eventuate S73 but it's nice to think the Sharks might of taken a leaf out of the book of the Panthers and the Tigers, both who have won comps of late on the back of having the guts to let the ponies have their heads.

Then again, they had Lang and Sheens.

Sharkie73

Bench
I live in hope Frenzy, I really belive we need to promote our younger players there our future and as you know yourself there is some great talent coming through I just hope the powers that be see it as well. I have conserns about Thomos signing does this mean we lose more young forwards who become disillusioned at the lack of opportunity?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I wouldn't think so. Thommos only 27 himself. He's a bit of a lad and well liked by the players. He'll fit in well and whether people like him or not he does bring 201 games worth of experience which will be needed after the departures.

Sharkie73

Bench
Frenzy. said:
I wouldn't think so. Thommos only 27 himself. He's a bit of a lad and well liked by the players. He'll fit in well and whether people like him or not he does bring 201 games worth of experience which will be needed after the departures.

Good point I didn't realise he was that young I always thought he was older for some reason and yes your right about the experiance too, something thats needed badly.

beekershark

Bench
A nice theory, if they hadn't rushed in the sign Thompson, but promoted a kid instead.

Donald Trump said " I was having a final interview with a guy, he already pretty much had the job I just wanted to seal it with one final interview. Once he kind of got the impression he had the job in the bag he started talking about his old boss, saying bad things about him and the company, totally spilling the beans and totally slamming him, I didn't hire him. Loyalty is everything, and someone who unloads on their old boss so readily will do the same to you, never hire someone who is not loyal"

I tend to agree with those sentiments, and Thompsons outburst in the papers today would indicate that on Trumps theory, he aint worth hiring, but our club knows better.

I tend to think that Thompson will be a great buy for us. Experience. Age. Ability. And most of all - a point to prove!

ali

Bench
Well problem is we would have lost both our starting props. We needed some experience, even if the bloke is only a makeshift prop. I think we should just chuck Luke Douglas straight in. Not sure if anyone else is ready. Hopefully we'll make better use of this wave of young players coming through. Basically we had 5 good players in the first wave, and we've lost 3 of them to other clubs. We've had 3 strong consecutive years in Flegg, so it's time we got something out it.

Special K

Coach
I think the reason the deal is a one year one is he is a 200 game forward and Douglas is a while off grade standard yet.

Douglas, Lovegrove and co would of seen game time here and there if Opes had been with us the last two years which would have helped in a situation like this. Raper never gave these guys time and its set us on the back foot for next year.

galloway for one sam. one other.. ? can't remember the name

one year for thommo smells of gold coast to me. we will need his and other guys experience around our young guys comign through. all about the balance

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Raper is not good with the juniors, he is not a communicator, nor is he a good individual coach. That where they hope Adrian Lam comes in....to plug another problem hole thats evident.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
samshark said:
Who are the three young props we lost? Michael Greenfield last year and.....

Dale Newton, Jon Green, Michael Greenfield, Keith Galloway - probably more

Thomo.

First Grade
White Poiner said:
Did we lose Harlan?

i can't answer that. but boy did he play awesome the day i watched him for the jets.

Nulla#2 and Nth cron lcl were there with me. and he keep going all f*ckin day with big runs, leg drive, it was game in which the jets came back. he was one of the key players in the win. the jets crowd kept giving it to him, even when he was on fire. puzzling...but may have fired him up.

i remeber one set he made two runs at 20+ metres. blew me away