What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could SBW be a five-eigth?

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Moffo said:
It may sound crazy

But SBW is a guy that can do anything and with a bit of kicking training i think he'd romp it in. He is creative, can run with the ball and is a great defender

Could it happen? SBW v Braith, how good would that be
why would you grab one of the most damaging second rowers in the game, and throw him into five eighth. the whole idea is pretty dumb really.

***MH***

Bench
Balmain Bug said:
D) The other players won't know what he is talking about when he say's "Ey , Lits do that choice move, you know tha one wi dud et training eh?"
:lol: rofl! i wonder how the tigers manage with marshall then, eh?

Raider_69

Post Whore
He lacks vission, passing and kicking skills, all vital for a 5/8th
so no, he couldnt be a successful 5/8th

aussies1st

Staff member
I don't think the bulldogs paid 300k + to let SBW play 5/8. They can't be that desperate as they let go of Anasta, they have something planned.

Clarkieel

Juniors
LOL SBW needs to play more than five minutes a game first, he belongs in the halves at the dragons where they seem to only last a short time before injury

and y blame anasta for leaving when the dogs said they would rather mason

choc_soldier

Coach
Play him at lock, and have him playing like a second five-eighth or third backrower (to interchange depending on the match conditions).

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
Dogs might use reni matua at 5/8...you never know

Or throw new signing Daniel Holdsworth in from the start. Either way both are capable of doing the job well.

ozboy

Juniors
You could stick SBW anywhere on the field and he will still be a great player, but his best position will be as a back-rower, though if the injuries do persist over his career I would not be surprised to see him in the centres.

Nickeel

Juniors
Glen said:
Sonny Bill does actually remind me a lot of Trent Barrett.

Only in that they are both always injured

Does Sonny Bill punch smaller players in the back of the head with no provocation?

Nick

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Nickeel said:
Does Sonny Bill punch smaller players in the back of the head with no provocation?

Nick

geez some people can whinge. marsh was charged - therefore his shot was illegal - there's your provocation.

now must we hijack this thread and turn it into another tiring and boring marsh v barrett thread.

Nickeel

Juniors
Lenny_2212 said:
geez some people can whinge. marsh was charged - therefore his shot was illegal - there's your provocation.

now must we hijack this thread and turn it into another tiring and boring marsh v barrett thread.

Whoa, easy there - don't break my reel!

Nick

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
NO moffo.

SBW would have to be imo easily the best Lock the game has to offer.