What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys fight club

Bobby, considering you support the Canberra Raiders I doubt you have any audacity to speak about player's misbehaving when on the drink.
Wandering eye LOL, oh really well stamp his release papers now.
Better go buy the next issue of Women's Weekly then.

I've never seen the word "audacity" used in that context before, so I suggest you probably used it incorrectly. (Not saying you did, just that it's probable considering my knowledge of the English language). However, i'm willing to let you off because you're a sweet young lady and i'm a gentleman.

I've never really felt the Australian Women's Weekly tbh. Far too much advertising for my liking. I was like "get to the pics of the hot chick celebs already!!" The Kiwi version was ok though. Woman's Day was tha sh*t when I was growing up.

Big Pete

Referee
Unfortunately I don't Phil, it was in the Courier Mail in response to Bowen pulling out of the Indigenous side.

Talanexor

Juniors
The Thurston-Being-Unhappy rumour just won't go away.

It does make a bit of sense - if you're an elite player but you're stuck at a club of perennial underachievers, you'd get frustrated. When a nuffy like Steve Turner has three or four premierships to his name, but your team can't even make the finals most year. You'd be frustrated as hell too, I know I would.

Having said all that, our biggest problem by far is that Thurston thinks he has to do it all himself. Unfortunately, the more he does this, the more the team gets the "just give the ball to JT mentality," which ultimately achieves nothing. So even though we've got a great forward pack, plenty of creativity in the halves and hookers (even excluding JT) and some strike power in the backline, the whole team revolves around Thurston.

What does this have to do with this article? Absolutely nothing. If a coach and a player knock each other senseless, there is something very wrong. If its a couple of young blokes, both good mates, having a bit of a blue then there is nothing wrong.

Shorty

Staff member
I've never seen the word "audacity" used in that context before, so I suggest you probably used it incorrectly. (Not saying you did, just that it's probable considering my knowledge of the English language). However, i'm willing to let you off because you're a sweet young lady and i'm a gentleman.

I've never really felt the Australian Women's Weekly tbh. Far too much advertising for my liking. I was like "get to the pics of the hot chick celebs already!!" The Kiwi version was ok though. Woman's Day was tha sh*t when I was growing up.
Audacity, have the nerve etc.
If you have the audacity to bag out the North Queensland players and club for booze abuse etc, then you're a hypocrite, in regards to Canberra and player incidents...

As it is, both these players have been at the club for only a year or less...
But you're right WW has a gazillion ads.

Audacity, have the nerve etc.
If you have the audacity to bag out the North Queensland players and club for booze abuse etc, then you're a hypocrite, in regards to Canberra and player incidents...

As it is, both these players have been at the club for only a year or less...
But you're right WW has a gazillion ads.

I know what audacity means. I've just never seen it used in that partciular context before.

I never said anything about booze tbh. I was referring to Thurston's extracurricular activities which make him "not the greatest guy to have around a team." As Red Bear put it.

Canberra fire bad boys anyway so not sure what you're getting at tbh.

Shorty

Staff member
^I'm not sure they would have fired one for apparently hitting on peoples' missus?
What Thurston being apparently a womanizer has to do with this story is beyond me...

beave

Coach
I know what audacity means. I've just never seen it used in that partciular context before.

I never said anything about booze tbh. I was referring to Thurston's extracurricular activities which make him "not the greatest guy to have around a team." As Red Bear put it.

Canberra fire bad boys anyway so not sure what you're getting at tbh.

Dane Tilse???? TIC

Latest posts