What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys game.

Spazer

Juniors
McCullough's the one we don't need next season, other than as a backup. Play the young guns at 1, 6 and 7, Hunt at 9 and Mbye as a jack of all trades 14. Bird and Su'A as the edge forwards, Sims up front or off the bench. Hopefully we get Suli in the centres, limited injuries and things don't look so bad.
It's a tough one, as much as I like that spark from 9, our defence and missed tackles is horrendous. I'm not sure omitting AM would make that any better.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It's all about middles and edges these days and the games getting quicker. Personally I think Sims might find the going in the middle easier as he gets older. I also think Bird on an edge inside Lomax and Ravalawa has something to offer.
One game Bird played on the right edge he brought a lot I thought. He will attract defenders at very least.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
They had lost twice as many as us in a row before yesterday, says it all. Very bitter pill to swallow
maybe so NK but a realistic one to swallow despite the taste! We are one of the least strongest sides in the comp. We were at the start and still are despite some good developmental signs; often surprised when people think we should defeat teams due to where they are standing on the ladder. why? Any win (and i’ll include our score at half time in that category) is a small win at the moment i feel.

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
maybe so NK but a realistic one to swallow despite the taste! We are one of the least strongest sides in the comp. We were at the start and still are despite some good developmental signs; often surprised when people think we should defeat teams due to where they are standing on the ladder. why? Any win (and i’ll include our score at half time in that category) is a small win at the moment i feel.
Yes I understand that, but the first seven or so games there was grit ,determination, composure, closing out of games ,good attitude and good defence, and 3 months later there's not one of those things left. I live in Rockhampton so yesterdays result seems harder to bear, especially after the first half effort. ☹

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes I understand that, but the first seven or so games there was grit ,determination, composure, closing out of games ,good attitude and good defence, and 3 months later there's not one of those things left. I live in Rockhampton so yesterdays result seems harder to bear, especially after the first half effort. ☹
There was, granted, but the events during the year and the suspension killed any momentum and strategies laid down to that point. Even our up and comers as talented as they are aren’t strong defenders yet; also, our pack apart from DeBelin and McCullough aren’t . Now if we had Rocket Reddy and 2 or 3 of that i would expect something similar, but we haven’t. BYW, any other Rocket Reddy’s floating around up there?

Last edited:

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
There was granted, but the events during the year and the suspension killed any momentum and strategies laid down to that point. Even our up and comers as talented as they are aren’t strong defenders yet. also, our pack apart from DeBelin and McCullough aren’t . Now if we had Rocket Reddy and 2 or 3 of that i would expect something similar, but we haven’t. BYW, any other Rocket Reddy’s floating around up there?
😂 we're too slow ,the purple cheaters got the last good one. The Munster

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
There was granted, but the events during the year and the suspension killed any momentum and strategies laid down to that point. Even our up and comers as talented as they are aren’t strong defenders yet. also, our pack apart from DeBelin and McCullough aren’t . Now if we had Rocket Reddy and 2 or 3 of that i would expect something similar, but we haven’t. BYW, any other Rocket Reddy’s floating around up there?
The magic round wasn't very magic for us ,the powers that be really stuck the knife in and twisted it to make an example of the bullshit they peddled for a week or so.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
The magic round wasn't very magic for us ,the powers that be really stuck the knife in and twisted it to make an example of the bullshit they peddled for a week or so.
Agree! I actually think the whole way the game was played changed and the new mid season rule changes certainly did NOT compliment our team structure or style. Still think the game and Saints are reacting or adapting to it.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Take my hat off to Sullivan.

Thought he did a very good job as a makeshift hooker.

Next season I would like to see Hunt and Macca share the 9 jersey with Sullivan at 7.

The combination of Sullivan/Amone/Sloan is deadly. Along with Rava and Matt Fegai we have plenty of points in use in 2022.
Agree about the combo of Sullivan Sloan and Amone but not sure Sullivan is yet ready to guide the team around the park from 7.- his long kicking game in particular (40/20s) is nowhere as good as Hunts. I see 2022 as his apprentice year with Hunt his on field mentor- ie a bench role -coming on to replace Macca after the softening up period.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
One game Bird played on the right edge he brought a lot I thought. He will attract defenders at very least.
I'm of the view that Bird is a free spirit and likes to play without structure and is best suited to 13. Some of his runs he covers more territory (mainly sideways) than Burke and Wills but eventually finds a gap and creates an opportunity for someone else- putting him in the centres or the edge would restrict him too much.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'm of the view that Bird is a free spirit and likes to play without structure and is best suited to 13. Some of his runs he covers more territory (mainly sideways) than Burke and Wills but eventually finds a gap and creates an opportunity for someone else- putting him in the centres or the edge would restrict him too much.
I agree, that’s his position for me. He’s too slow for the backs now but as a second 5/8 at lock he’d be great. Start with JDB bring him on later on.

thebigredv

First Grade
I agree, that’s his position for me. He’s too slow for the backs now but as a second 5/8 at lock he’d be great. Start with JDB bring him on later on.

This is my feeling too and with injuries and suspensions he can cover a range of positions and would probably find himself starting somewhere each week.

redv13

Bench
our 2 most experienced players (sims n norman) cost us the game… Norman was diabolically bad again and should have been hooked instead of Bud. Griffin failed.
Sims throws a flick on intercept then goes missing for 10 minutes.

the biggest problem as per previous years, blind loyalty to players trading on the past, hampering younger players or losing them altogether.

can see Macca loyalty being next years firestorm
Sullivan went off for a quick rest and to check his elbow. He was not hooked in my opinion