What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys game.

kit66

Bench
We really need a whole new forward pack. On that performance there isn't a single forward you would keep except Sullivan of course. It is possibly our worst pack in a hundred years and easily the worst in the comp this year. JDB does a lot of tackling but isn't near the 2018 version we were hoping still existed. So many holes up the middle and out where our backrowers should be. Norman is the most useless half I've ever seen, he mustn't care if he never plays 1st grade again - 14 tackles in 80 minutes and missed a bunch - just no effort - Lussick made more tackles than him in 18 minutes.

Anyone blaming the Coach for that effort is kidding themselves. His only fault was allowing some of those players to even be in the team but even then you can only work with the players you have. Hook isn't the one making all the dumb errors or missing tackles or not supporting the defenders around you or throwing useless passes or getting suspended.

Embarrassing, that's all you can say about today, very bloody embarrassing. I don't even want to know about next week. I'll tune back in around March 2022.

Dragon Mel

Juniors
With Norman, Dufty & Vaughan gone next year I'm hoping there will be a positive cultural change at the club. The laziness, stupidity & arrogance would cause any team to deteriorate. Disappointed with Sims - expected more from the captain. Really happy with the new blokes, although we lost it's given me a little hope for 2022. Good riddance Norman.

qld redvee

Juniors
Im like everyone else on this forum. Felt good to be a dragon at halftime and impressed by what the next generation were capable of. Alas the next 40 minutes summed up the year. Couldnt believe the non involement of norman . If Hunt was out there we win pure and simple . thought our plays were once again dumb and non existent close to line thought norman would be hooked with sullivan to half but n o lets bench a kid that we hunted as a loan player . I like what I see with Bud at hooker so lets leave him there and he becomes our utility OR pension mcullough off and have Bud and Mbye in the team as hookers / utilities. we are desperate for burgess molo su'a for next year with Ford , fui alvaro making up the numbers . these new forwards should give simms a new lease of life as he is only a shadow of his soo form . Now does hook leave the kids in against a red hot souths or does he do a mary and let hunt/ jp / ellis / norman run around so us fans can "appreciate" them one more time

DamoV

Juniors
OMG.....I really am a glutton for punishment......was busy outside and knew the game was on at 3pm but as I've said before put my cue in the rack 6 weeks ago....came in for a drink (of water) and my wife happened to have the game on and I said whats the score and I think it was 20 to 12....she said the young fellas are going well and I said thats good...went back outside as it was half time and thought you know what I really should see how the young blokes are going even though Im pissed off with our performancesof late.....went back inside 10 mins after the break and I think the score was 30 to 12.....WTF....so against my better judgement I watched the rest of the game.....seriously why did I bother....we are streets NO suburbs behind the top teams..our complete structure and game plan is non existent....the way a team thats lost what their last 10 games strolled upfield was bloody embarrassing......I cant believe after the shit years we had under The Imposter we would be in this position again.....and one last thing can someone tell me why young Sullivan was replaced when he was...I'll wait
He was replaced because he’s not an 80 minute hooker, and they had a replacement on the bench. Young roosters kid didn’t do a lot wrong.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
He was replaced because he’s not an 80 minute hooker, and they had a replacement on the bench. Young roosters kid didn’t do a lot wrong.
I get that !!!!....but the timing when he was taken off and back on was crap.....and your right Lussick did nothing wrong but Sullivan gave us a lot of go forward at vital times in the game

Maddragon99

Juniors
You are not wrong he is such a bad player who signed him for 800k honestly what a joke
Hard to argue your point but prepare yourself he’ll be the first player picked next week. After all it’s his final game in the NRL.

Griffin’s team selections have been indefensible for the past 5-6wks. Bird at Fullback? WTF. Feagai, Sullivan, Sloan & Amone should be automatic selections from now on into the next 8-10yrs.

The one player that hugely disappointed today was Lussick. Noticeable drop in intensity once Sullivan went off. Sullivan might have found his calling like Damien Cook.

thebigredv

First Grade
The one player that hugely disappointed today was Lussick. Noticeable drop in intensity once Sullivan went off. Sullivan might have found his calling like Damien Cook.

We had a chance to go further ahead right after half time. Near the line, with Sullivan off, we did that typical thing we do and just became completely clueless in attack. Came to a complete standstill. The Cowboys got that horrible intercept and our heads dropped like they do. and in the blink of an eye it was 4 tries. Lussick then went off. He wasn't too bad on his own, didn't have long to do much as we hardly had the ball after the runaway try. It just so happened his 15-20 minutes of game time coincided with the worst 15 minutes we have played all year.

There has not been one gritty win all year bar maybe the BBQ game. Whenever the opposition smell blood in the water they make us pay. Whenever they offer us points we so often don't know how to execute and take advantage.

I have to say it. Price or McGregor teams weren't even this weak when it comes to owning a contest.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hard to argue your point but prepare yourself he’ll be the first player picked next week. After all it’s his final game in the NRL.

Griffin’s team selections have been indefensible for the past 5-6wks. Bird at Fullback? WTF. Feagai, Sullivan, Sloan & Amone should be automatic selections from now on into the next 8-10yrs.

I doubt it tbh but all good halfbacks can play a bit of hooker and will improve his defence. I do believe it’s very handy though that he’s shown he can handle it. He could add some spark to compensate for Macca late in games.

jeffdragon

Bench
We had a chance to go further ahead right after half time. Near the line, with Sullivan off, we did that typical thing we do and just became completely clueless in attack. Came to a complete standstill. The Cowboys got that horrible intercept and our heads dropped like they do. and in the blink of an eye it was 4 tries. Lussick then went off. He wasn't too bad on his own, didn't have long to do much as we hardly had the ball after the runaway try. It just so happened his 15-20 minutes of game time coincided with the worst 15 minutes we have played all year.

There has not been one gritty win all year bar maybe the BBQ game. Whenever the opposition smell blood in the water they make us pay. Whenever they offer us points we so often don't know how to execute and take advantage.

I have to say it. Price or McGregor teams weren't even this weak when it comes to owning a contest.
Yes
We should have had momentum into ht.
Then the first few sets should of led to a 16 point lead and then it was touch footy.
We're mentally a weak footy side I have never seen a team be as piss weak as us.
Then the cowboys were struggling to close it out and we had numerous opportunities in the last ten minutes.
Bird losing the ball and a pass which went to a cowboy when patience was needed.

thebigredv

First Grade
At least Latrell won’t be there to kill any of our youngsters

Something tells me his replacement will come on and make a name for himself and bag 4 tries against our cats. All they have to do is run at Sims who stopped playing since Origin. But yes, let's name him captain...

Latest posts