What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys hard road to the finals

StinkyPete

Juniors
Wests Tigers vs. Cowboys Leichhardt Oval - MUST WIN
Cowboys vs. Panthers Dairy Farmers Stadium - There right behind us on the ladder need to get the points gap. we have at home should win this one

Titans vs. Cowboys Skilled Park - Should be a good match i know i'm going if we win the 2 above we could be fighting for a top 4 spot not a easy away game.

Storm vs. Cowboys Olympic Park Another tough away game

Cowboys vs. Bulldogs Dairy Farmers Stadium I HATE LOSING TO THE DOGS:crazy:. we better win our rematch. we have them on home turf townsville will turn out in force to get the boys over the line.

Knights vs. Cowboys Energy Australia Stadium another tough away game against another top 8 team

Cowboys vs. Broncos Dairy Farmers Stadium If broncos keep going the way there going should be a win but i doubt that we were hard done by in round 1. local derby at home the cowboys should win this one.

Roosters vs. Cowboys Sydney Football Stadium MUST WIN.

_Johnsy

Referee
You'll more than likely be without WATTS & BOWEN next week.

Important game next week.

beave

Coach

well if we are without Watts, then the tigers will be without Farah, he gave as good as he got. If either of them (farah or watts) get suspended, then it's a joke.

Bowen, that was the softest 'elbow' in the history of the game.

beave

Coach
is "grubby" the new word of the week???

Thats all I see written in LU at the moment after the Origin, from both camps. I have never seen the word used so much, just an observation.

Dee

Juniors

why would Bowen be missing? Did he cop an injury after full time or something.

Surely you wouldn't be referring to the.....'elbow'....

Charlie124

First Grade
is "grubby" the new word of the week???

Thats all I see written in LU at the moment after the Origin, from both camps. I have never seen the word used so much, just an observation.

you can add "overrated", "myth" and ".....of all time" to the list of overused buzz terms on these forums.

Pharoah

Juniors
I'd say the broncos game will decide who outta broncos and cowboys makes the 8

I think the way the bronco's and cowboy's are going at the moment they would both be lucky to make the finals. I put $30 on the cowboy's to win the premiership so I still have my fingers crossed

Shorty

Staff member
Cowboys of 2007 would have no fuss with that road home but this yea the Cows are still a little green.
Next year I think will be a more realistic expectation to go close to premiership because the experience will be there.

Talanexor

Juniors
Well, we beat the Titans and we beat them comprehensively, which I don't think anyone expected (although we all knew the boys were capable of it).

So that's one down.

Next week against the Storm at Olympic Park will be another good test. The Storm are nowhere near as dominant this season, but they are still a quality side. A win here would really push us into Grand Final contention.

Something tells me it won't be a Dragons-Bulldogs grand final this year.

Charlie124

First Grade
That win makes up for us losing to the Panthers, we need to beat the Storm or Bulldogs to make up for losing to the Tigers.

StinkyPete

Juniors
on current away form. knights will beat us.....then again their going terribly. our other away game is rooster..... we are more than capable of beating these two teams but the fact their away game puts a massive question mark on them. Bulldogs at home will be a hard game which if we win prove we're a contender for the premiership. Broncos at home should be a easy win.

StinkyPete

Juniors
after tonight we now have to win all 3 remaining games this season. i won't be suprised if we don't make the 8. and if we do not much chance to get past the first round.

StinkyPete

Juniors
if we make the eight we'll probs end up against dragons dogs or storm none of which we can beat away. if we get the coast we're a chance.

Talanexor

Juniors
Man that game was disappointing. As soon as Tonga got injured we fell apart.

Carl Webb played REALLY well in the first half. Best I've seen from him all year. But I didn't notice him in the second half.

Short-term, our major problem, is ball control. I swear Tronc knocked on 3 or 4 times. It was just painful to watch. Our forwards played really well other than that.

Long term - we need a better backline. Our wingers in particular cannot seem to find the tryline, though Ty was actually quite good tonight. And Ash Graham needs to find some form.

elyod138

Bench
Ash Graham needs to learn how to read the play, he was terrible in defense even when he was scoring tries in '07 (I didn't rate his attack as much as other people then either, he was put into massive gaps by JT and Bowen; he didn't create anything himself like good centres can do).

Latest posts