What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys: Has their time finally arrived?

JJ

Immortal
All I can say is - I hope so.

They seem to have a good mix of youngsters and experienced NRL players now.

With Sing, Bowen, Hannay, Bowman, Myles, Campion, Rauhihi, Norton, Morrison, Buttigieg etc, they have a core squad that is reasonable.

I hope they make a success of it - there should be more teams from in Qld - Gold COast was a sad loss, and the Crushers should have worked too

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Dont forget Mitchell Sargent, he had a good season with the Melbourne Storm.

This is the start of a new era for the Cowboys, I hope they make the top 8 next year.

Kiwi

First Grade
JJ said:
All I can say is - I hope so.

They seem to have a good mix of youngsters and experienced NRL players now.

With Sing, Bowen, Hannay, Bowman, Myles, Campion, Rauhihi, Norton, Morrison, Buttigieg etc, they have a core squad that is reasonable.

I hope they make a success of it - there should be more teams from in Qld - Gold COast was a sad loss, and the Crushers should have worked too

Buttigieg has had to retire

legend

Coach
Luke O'Donnell is also on the way up to North Qld so they will have a formidable starting 17.

Bowen
Williams
Bowman
Hannay
Sing
Norton
Fien
Morrison
Campion
Luck
Rauhihi
McWilliams
Sargent

O'Donnell
Strickland
Lowe
Sheppard

That's a pretty solid starting 17.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Well they've definately got a star studded backline considering the fact 5 from the seven have played origin.

Also watch out for Chris Sheppard at no.7. Behind a strong pack he is a really good and IMO under-rated half-back.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
legend said:
Bowen
Williams
Bowman
Hannay
Sing
Norton
Fien
Morrison
Campion
Luck
Rauhihi
McWilliams
Sargent

O'Donnell
Strickland
Lowe
Sheppard
No way will Fien start ahead of Sheppard. Sheppard was a revelation at halfback, and with the seasons experience behind him he should be even better next year. Brenton Bowen would likely be the back on the bench, leaving Fien to play for the Young Guns.

All it'll take is for the Cowboys to actually believe they are a top team, and they could go all the way like the Panthers did this season.

I think they need ot make the 8 next year for the club sake. They have a good list that will only improve and have been around long enough now to know what the game is about at NRL level.

I use to live up there for a few years and have seen the local support they get, which is good. Hopefully they can repay this.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
legend said:
Luke O'Donnell is also on the way up to North Qld so they will have a formidable starting 17.

Bowen
Williams
Bowman
Hannay
Sing
Norton
Fien
Morrison
Campion
Luck
Rauhihi
McWilliams
Sargent

O'Donnell
Strickland
Lowe
Sheppard

That's a pretty solid starting 17.

Worst Halves Combination in years. Chris Shephard will be the halfback, they need to find a 5/8.. Is david Myles still there ??

If so the guy is good value. Fien and Norton.. Hopeless.

Esp.. Norton..

Rahihiu was incredible this year. he was the games most improved player, by a longshot. Campion is getting on. This will be his last season.

They lost a few fringe players to the eels who could play.

I think 8th spot is theirs in 2004.

Panthers
Warriors
Roosters
Dragons
Raiders
Bulldogs
Knights
Cowboys
Eels
Broncos
Storm
Tigers
Sharks
Eagles
Rabbits

In that Order..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Only a matter a time before North Queensland show themselves as a true contenders. Should do well next year, the juniors have started trickle through to grade - the flood awaits.

Parraren

Bench
Hmmm, i'm not too convinced about Norton being the starting 5/8th??? I think they'd be better served playing Fien & Sheppard together in the halves, moving Morrison to second row and playing Norton at lock which is his best position.

1. Bowen
2. Williams
3. Bowman
4. Hannay
5. Sing
6. Fien
7. Sheppard
13. Norton
12. Morrison
11. Campion
10. Rauhihi
8. Sargent
9. McWilliams

Kasper

Bench
Parraren said:
Hmmm, i'm not too convinced about Norton being the starting 5/8th??? I think they'd be better served playing Fien & Sheppard together in the halves, moving Morrison to second row and playing Norton at lock which is his best position.

1. Bowen
2. Williams
3. Bowman
4. Hannay
5. Sing
6. Fien
7. Sheppard
13. Norton
12. Morrison
11. Campion
10. Rauhihi
8. Sargent
9. McWilliams
what is with all the people wanting fien in the team. He is a competitor and shows a great deal of heart but does not show the skill of sheppard, Myles or even Payne. If fien gets a spot it will be as a hooker/halfback comming from the bench unless he improves greatly.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like the idea of Bowman @ 6, especially with Norton @ 13. Surely there is some huge, lighting quick youngin' just waiting for a run in the centres and have 2 very experienced players either side of the ruck. I would be happy with what Murray does, he is a great coach IMO.