What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys most exciting team since Glebe in 1910

Moffo

Referee
Oh how I remember the Glebe glory days. There were the pride of the inner city in 1910....

But anyways, the cowboys have finally assumed the mantle of the most exciting team since those days. The Bowen cousins, Sing, Rauhihi, Webb, Thurston etc etc are brilliant

I love watching this team play. And better yet, they are a top side! Roosters had no answers tonight and it would take a special defensive effort to stop them

Great side

Cheers,
Moffo

DIEHARD

----
Moffo said:
Oh how I remember the Glebe glory days. There were the pride of the inner city in 1910....

Cheers,
Moffo

:lol: How old are you Moffo or were you a Dirty Reds fans in a past life?

Wests is Best

Juniors
With the style of football they play they will not have many enemies, except for the team they are playing on the day.

They made Easts look like a very boring football team tonight

Raider_69

Post Whore
DIEHARD said:
Moffo said:
I look after myself well 8)

What's your secret? An AFL and Yawnion free diet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
that would just about do it ;-)

I agree though, no team is more exciting when at full flight then the Nth Qld Cowboys. With the Bowens, Thurston, Webb, Jenson and Hannay... also Williams, they are a sight to behold when on song

beauty part is you cant help but get behind them, its the australian way, they epitomise attacking rugby league :)
Its gonna be a good story for the grand kids to be able to tell them i saw the 2004-2005 Cowboys at full flight

Southernsaint

Staff member
Moffo said:

But anyways, the cowboys have finally assumed the mantle of the most exciting team since those days. The Bowen cousins, Sing, Rauhihi, Webb, Thurston etc etc are brilliant

I love watching this team play. And better yet, they are a top side! Roosters had no answers tonight and it would take a special defensive effort to stop them

Great side

Cheers,
Moffo

You idiot...

Cumberland > Glebe

LRC

They look fit and strong in the right areas... how good is Billy Johnstone...
Great balance across the park... they are contesting everything and more often than not getting results.
Great for the game and the people of Nth Qld...

Paullyboy

Coach
Eastern Suburbs (the real ones, the QLD version, not those skirts from sydney) > any of your old mob

Iafeta

Referee
You'd be hard pressed to find a better performance from any team this year than the one the Cowboys delivered.

What was their completion rate? It must have been exceptional. Combined with brutal D, great go forward, Thurston/Sing/Bowen working off that and two of the best defensive centres in the game - ouch. I didn't think the Chooks played badly at all.

It could be an all Queensland Grand Final.

ali

Bench
They are a brilliant side to watch. Matt Bowen is fast becoming my favourite non Sharks player.

Speaking of Glebe though, we need to start winning back these inner city aeas. I kept getting messsages wanting Sharks scores from my mate stuck in a super 12 showing Glebe pub last night. Are there honestly more Union fans in the inner city than League fans? Or are the landlords more likely to be rahs rahs, because it costs a shit load to buy a pub? Or it is that landlords would rather atract union fans as they supposedly have a higher disposable income and will spend more?

I don't get it? As far as i can tell the inner city has no shortage of young proffessional League fans who want to live there for a few years of fun.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If it's an all QLD GF, it's going to feel like a home game for the Cows at Telstra. I think everyone will suddenly remember how to hate Brisbane again.

Bulldog-Power

Juniors
re inner city in sydney

thankfully the super12 season will be over soon, so they will have no choice but to show league

freakin poofs

snave

Juniors
That inner city Pub in Glebe would"nt be the NAGS HEAD. Who owners played for THe University of Sydney and Gordan ?