What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys shop Tamou to rivals clubs

Should The Dragons Sign Tamou

• Total voters

possm

Coach
The 26-year-old Tamou was hailed the NRL’s No.1 prop two years ago when a destructive 2012 campaign saw him handed a three-year upgrade worth $650,000 a season. But after battling a neck injury for the past 18 months, Tamou has been relegated to a highly-paid bench player forced to confront his future at the Cowboys.

Tamou will start against the Storm this Monday night and is under pressure to spearhead the Cowboys’ fightback after the club’s dismal 0-3 beginning to the season. Cowboys recruitment chief Peter Parr insists the club is not trying to force Tamou out and dismissed fears the 113kg man mountain may never fully recover from off-season neck surgery.

“I’ve heard the rumours about Jimmy being shopped around,” Parr said.
“James or his manager haven’t said anything to me (about wanting a release). Nothing has come to me informally or formally at this stage, but if it does, I will address it then.

“He’s battling a bit of confidence, but I don’t think he’s got any demons with his neck. The surgery was a success, he had a good recovery and our medical staff can’t be happier with how he’s recovered.
“If anything, Jimmy should take confidence out of the fact the operation was successful.

“He’s like a few of our players at the moment, he’s down on confidence, but we’ll continue to give him as much support as we can.
“Hopefully, he can get back to the form that won him his representative jumpers.” Data provided by Fox Sports Stats underscores Tamou’s decline. In 2012, he was unstoppable, making 86 tackle busts from 24 games and averaging 159 metres in his surge to maiden NSW and Test guernseys.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl.../story-e6frf3rc-1227278520758?from=public_rss

Do you believe that Tamou would return to his best form with a change of Club and a fresh new start? If the answer is yes I suggest we snap him up for 2015.

Should we sign Tamou?

I'd say we should tho it wouldn't want to be anywhere near his reported price of 650,000 in the article above, plus there his ongoing neck issues it's a shame I use to this he was going to be an animal

mmap dragons

Juniors
Even with his neck issues, Tamou may just need a change of clubs to get back to the form of 2012/2013.

Pending the right offer, personally I wouldn't mind a FR rotation of Packer, Tamou and Masoe???;-)

Even with his neck issues, Tamou may just need a change of clubs to get back to the form of 2012/2013.

Pending the right offer, personally I wouldn't mind a FR rotation of Packer, Tamou and Masoe???;-)

Agreed, tho I would prefer mose masoe an could probably get him a lot cheaper he is the definition of mongrel him an packer would be a mouth watering combo

BennyV

Referee
Provided he dont cost too much, I'd take Tamou. Definite upgrade on pretty much every prop we have.

7Seven7

Juniors
Provided he dont cost too much, I'd take Tamou. Definite upgrade on pretty much every prop we have.

To disregard him would be a massive wrong. He is still a massive improvement on what we offer up front. Cooper, Merrin can hold their own ... who else can? O'Brien has a long way to go IMHO. Are we relying on Packer... if so it may be 2016.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
his numbers are still ok, if he was paid on what he's producing then 400k would be about right, no doubt his agent will working for more than that.

St Georgio

Juniors
No f**king way, enough buying f**king hazbeens, we won 11 in a row, we have won 16 premierships, we have the best strike rate in the world...

Stagger Lee

Bench
How can we afford him?

Why spend Merrin money on someone with a question mark over him. I would rather spend Merrin money on Merrin.

How can we afford him?

Why spend Merrin money on someone with a question mark over him. I would rather spend Merrin money on Merrin.

Exactly what I was thinking, I think we should use Merrin money an try buy two quality player maybe docker an mose I think we could probably get them both with Merrins offer alone thoughts?

The money is better spent on upgrading Merrin, as he has no serious injury history and showed last week that he can play a part in making the difference. Merrin has not dominated games the way he should however when you have mediocre coaching and man management you stunt player development.

Give the money to Trent and make him Captain so he feels the obligation to lead by example.

kit66

Bench
I think Tamou might come good at another club, the Cowboys culture up there is a bit toxic I think, all those chokes over the years after all the hype, must be a huge distraction. He might do alright in the Red V but I just can't see it. I tell you who isn't signed for next year that I'd love to bring in is Grevsmuhl from the Bunnies. I said it before the season started that we should make an offer and he convinces me further every game I watch him play, was the best in a beaten side last night. His price goes up weekly though on the back of those performances - we ought to sign him now !
Anyone got Mullholland's number ?

The money is better spent on upgrading Merrin, as he has no serious injury history and showed last week that he can play a part in making the difference. Merrin has not dominated games the way he should however when you have mediocre coaching and man management you stunt player development.

Give the money to Trent and make him Captain so he feels the obligation to lead by example.

I was talking amongst mates about this the other day an after that game it kills me even more the fact he is leaving I thought for sure he would be our next captin, unfortunately I think the ship has sailed with him if love to be proven wrong tho I think we shouldn't be relying on that we need to hit the market now before there is no genuine replacements left

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
David Tyrell has just won a comp with Souths and is unsigned for next year.
Darcy Lussick is also unsigned.
There's Mose who may still want to come back to oz.
Sam Rapira is also unsigned for next year.
What the hell is mulholland doing? Still day dreaming about packer? In January, we were told that they had to wait until March to register his NRL contract. Well it's almost April and we haven't heard boo about what's happening with Packer. Get a move on mulholland before Phil Gould signs them from under your nose.

Out of those players you mentioned Tyrell is the best option but he is a work horse and possibly not the damaging forward people may actually want.

Lussick is an absolute dick head who has zero discipline and spends more time on the side lines suspended.

Rapira has already stated he wants to go to the UK and has little interest in playing in the NRL next year.

Mose has stated if he comes back it will be to the Panthers who allowed him to go while under contract with them to earn more money in the UK.

Oh and Packer have you considered he maybe happy to just have a job and spend time with his family maybe just maybe thats a little more important to get his life back on track first.

Who knows whats happening next year Mulholland has work to do but to be whinging about it already serious.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Out of those players you mentioned Tyrell is the best option but he is a work horse and possibly not the damaging forward people may actually want.

Lussick is an absolute dick head who has zero discipline and spends more time on the side lines suspended.

Rapira has already stated he wants to go to the UK and has little interest in playing in the NRL next year.

Mose has stated if he comes back it will be to the Panthers who allowed him to go while under contract with them to earn more money in the UK.

Oh and Packer have you considered he maybe happy to just have a job and spend time with his family maybe just maybe thats a little more important to get his life back on track first.

Who knows whats happening next year Mulholland has work to do but to be whinging about it already serious.

What about Sam Tagatese, Eddy Pettybourne, Kade Snowden, Danny Wicks....there are plenty of options. I haven't bothered mentioning Tom burgess, we have no hope of signing him.

Half of our team are on 1 year contracts. What's he going to do, wait until December to sign some more nuffies?

love my saints

Juniors
What about Sam Tagatese, Eddy Pettybourne, Kade Snowden, Danny Wicks....there are plenty of options. I haven't bothered mentioning Tom burgess, we have no hope of signing him.

Half of our team are on 1 year contracts. What's he going to do, wait until December to sign some more nuffies?

The thing is you have to give our signings a little time to show if they are upto 1st grade level.
If we go on a shopping spree and then, lets say Nutira or wakeman step up, what do we do then?
Its way too early to be planning on 2016 signings, the players you have mentioned are not top notch players, with the exception of Snowden in imo the rest are average first graders.
We need one or two top line forwards. Not 2 or 3 average forwards. Top line forwards i say sign asap, get that part signed up as quick as possible. But to panick and sign more average players so soon in the season imo would be wrong.