What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cows game

Drag Queen

Bench
DQ, I do totally respect you and I do read and consider your usual very good opinions, however, Dufty is the best thing that’s happened to us since sliced bread!
Quinlan....?
Ummmm, no.
Each to their own ouryears. Dufty definitely has potential. Is he better than Quinlan though? Attack wise I'd say they are fairly even. Defensively I would give the nod to Quinny. Credit to JD for giving Tim Sheens the heads up. I think I've been fairly transparent about supporting quite a few of our ex-players. Nothing new there and I'll happily cop it on the chin for doing so. Cheers.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just don't get the timing of that post.
We just won a game.
Why hammer the players?
Because that is how I see it. I am not going to let winning mask our deficiencies. Dufty is our only strike weapon. He has basically won us numerous games this year. Tariq is probably our second best strike weapon, but that us usually close range. I wasn't happy with Lafai, Atken and Nightingale at the start of the year and I am still as unhappy with them now. Every team knows to attack our right hand side and Mary still keeps picking them. How many breaks do Aitken and Lafai make? Have any of Aitken, Lafai or Nightingale ever scored a try from further than 20m out? We need to replace Aitken, Lafai and Nightingale to be a genuine chance of winning the comp.

Drag Queen

Bench
The “you’re not a true supporter” brigade are ever so dreary.
I didn't get the memo regarding who I could critique. My bad. Next time I'll question Aitken (still a kid), Lafai is still fairly unpopular on here, so I should get brownie points for pointing out his deficiencies. Um, add Flo for good measure. Who else? Oh, I forgot to bag out Mann, how silly of me for forgetting him. On a more positive note I am over the moon that we got a win over the cellar dwellers. I'm deeply hurt that I'm an embarrassment to the Red V supporters. Should I seek help from a shrink or remain pedestrian? I think I'll save my money and stick to my own opinions.

Belta

Juniors
Gutsy win, but I must say there is a worrying trend of them not catching the ball on the full. This needs to be addressed ASAP. I’m sure opposition coaches are studying this very closely.

Frank Facer

First Grade
on current form we are one of only 4 teams that can win the comp along w Souths, Storm and Roosters..
We have the best forward pack and the most enterprising halves...we WILL be there on GF day!
I do agree with you that our forward pack is up there with the best, possibly the best. Melbourne, Souths, Penrith and Cronulla all have very good packs. We do have a good pair of halves. We have a very exciting fullback.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I didn't get the memo regarding who I could critique. My bad. Next time I'll question Aitken (still a kid), Lafai is still fairly unpopular on here, so I should get brownie points for pointing out his deficiencies. Um, add Flo for good measure. Who else? Oh, I forgot to bag out Mann, how silly of me for forgetting him. On a more positive note I am over the moon that we got a win over the cellar dwellers. I'm deeply hurt that I'm an embarrassment to the Red V supporters. Should I seek help from a shrink or remain pedestrian? I think I'll save my money and stick to my own opinions.

Critique? Oh, that’s not allowed in these parts. One must fall into sycophantic (or should that be ‘lobotomised’?) order or else those dreaded words pronounced from above will be cast upon thee.

YOU’RE NOT A TRUE SUPPORTER!

Fortunately, I don’t give a fig.

That ‘sticking to your opinion’ thing has merit. I might continue with that in the long term. It will upset a few but ‘oh, well’, you can’t please everyone, huh?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I think it may be the beginning of their downward spiral jimmy.
Storm won’t get any better.
Souths won’t get any better.
Warriors, not in Sydney.
Panthers, too many injuries
Broncos, possibly......
Leaves Saints, Sharks or Roosters.
Buy your 2018 premier tshirts now
Dragons

Didn’t we see a similar scenario in 2011? From memory, things didn’t work out too well.

This is a very open competition in 2018. I see Souths and Melbourne being the forerunners, but other contenders are both the Chooks and Sharks (boo hiss!).

Saints need to lift by at least 25% to be a hope. While today’s performance was good in sections, it wouldn’t have troubled the first two aforementioned clubs.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
YES JUST LIKE THE WABBITS SHOULDNT LOSE TO THE TIGERS WELL GUESS WHAT THEY DID .

Souths had won nine CONSECUTIVE games beforehand, or doesn’t this count for anything?

While not in the eight, Wests Tigers have beaten all leading contenders this season, so it isn’t a team that should be treated lightly.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Each to their own ouryears. Dufty definitely has potential. Is he better than Quinlan though? Attack wise I'd say they are fairly even. Defensively I would give the nod to Quinny. Credit to JD for giving Tim Sheens the heads up. I think I've been fairly transparent about supporting quite a few of our ex-players. Nothing new there and I'll happily cop it on the chin for doing so. Cheers.

As with yourself, I was a fan of Quinlan and often wonder how he would’ve fared under a better coach.

Your assessment for AQ and Dufty is spot on; there are a lot of similarities between the two (and I’ve mentioned this on a few occasions).

Is Quinlan being coached by Sherns in the UK?

Drag Queen

Bench
Critique? Oh, that’s not allowed in these parts. One must fall into sycophantic (or should that be ‘lobotomised’?) order or else those dreaded words pronounced from above will be cast upon thee.

YOU’RE NOT A TRUE SUPPORTER!

Fortunately, I don’t give a fig.

That ‘sticking to your opinion’ thing has merit. I might continue with that in the long term. It will upset a few but ‘oh, well’, you can’t please everyone, huh?
Fortunately, I couldn't give a flying f**k either.

Drag Queen

Bench
As with yourself, I was a fan of Quinlan and often wonder how he would’ve fared under a better coach.

Your assessment for AQ and Dufty is spot on; there are a lot of similarities between the two (and I’ve mentioned this on a few occasions).

Is Quinlan being coached by Sherns in the UK?
Yes he is Jimmy. Sheens has just offered him a 2-3 year contract and considers him his best player. Of course Sheens has nothing on Mary coach wise.

tumbidragon

First Grade
one thing we learnt tonight.give the young guns a run and playing with a better class of player they can shine .time for guys like HERBERT and some of the other young guns to get thrown in at the deep end .IF THEYRE GOOD ENOUGH THEYRE OLD ENOUGH..ARE YOU LISTENING MARY
Thought Lawrie had a great stint, best game in 1sts yet imo (absolutely creased O'Neil i think it was. Pierera? Was great as expected, he's ISP form has been tremendous all year and should take Flos spot when Nenes back. Was dirty on Luc with two soft errors, but he caused all sorts of issues with hard running and warmed into his role over the 80. Pretty sure he played the full 80 too?
As you said, cannot wait to see the likes of Patty and Lomax get a crack soon.

ALSGI

Bench
Thought Lawrie had a great stint, best game in 1sts yet imo (absolutely creased O'Neil i think it was. Pierera? Was great as expected, he's ISP form has been tremendous all year and should take Flos spot when Nenes back. Was dirty on Luc with two soft errors, but he caused all sorts of issues with hard running and warmed into his role over the 80. Pretty sure he played the full 80 too?
As you said, cannot wait to see the likes of Patty and Lomax get a crack soon.
Agree, especially Luc it was good to see him use his size and to see Dufty sniffing around on several occassions. Obviously they train for this and it has worked in the past with both Dufty and Field. Just hope Luc continues to run hard rather than turn looking for his little mates every time.

nontime111

Juniors
Luc and Lawrie will be stars youll see...... and the damn sooner HERBERT, LOMAX and PIERERA are in here for good the better!