What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CQ NRL Bid Engages Pr/Media Consultants

CQ Italia

Juniors
CAS_20101124-112044-300x191.jpg

Central Queensland’s bid for an NRL Team has ramped up even further with the CQ NRL Bid announcing the engagement of Brisbane and Sydney based PR/Media consultants. The CQ NRL Bid has engaged Major League Corporate Marketing (Brisbane) and Active Communications & PR (Sydney). CEO Denis Keeffe says it is a vital step for the CQ NRL Bid.

“The CQ NRL Bid has made significant progress with our Business Plan submission and the implementation of our Grassroots Programs that will carry through to the NRL Team. Now is the vital time to ensure that the Southern media is fully aware of the great work we are doing and of the compelling nature of our bid for an NRL license.”

Major League Corporate Marketing has worked with such clients as the Wallabies, Socceroos, Brisbane Broncos and Queensland Reds. Jodie Hawkins of Active Communications & PR has had extensive experience in PR roles for NRL clubs over the last 10 years.

The CQ NRL Bid continues to present a compelling case for NRL expansion with 40,000+ Bid Members, 12,000 Leagues Club members, 9,600 Facebook members and over 150 Corporate Partners.

Major League Corporate Marketing - Jason Greenhalgh – 0400 716 166
Active Communications & PR – Jodie Hawkins – 0418 295 335

http://www.cqnrlbid.com.au/2012/04/cq-nrl-bid-engages-prmedia-consultants/

Get Ready!

boonboon

Juniors
I don't much care which bids make it and to be honest I generally think Perth first and then a southern QLD side, but as far as quality of bids go this one really has impressed - could defiantly be a smokey - although is unfortunatly competing with the Bears and has the same issues as the bears - not enough new TV dollars or new supporters

gyallop

Juniors
wow just want we need more media spin. The Bombers mounted a whole campaign on that and were public bid favourites until they ran out of spin and their lack of substance was exposed. If the CQ Bid is so solid why do they need spin, why not put that huge cost into grass roots, the commission wont give a toss about spin only substance and this now smells like CQ either doesnt have the substance they claim or are doubting that they can get up.....dumb stuff...hope I am wrong!

CQ Italia

Juniors
wow just want we need more media spin. The Bombers mounted a whole campaign on that and were public bid favourites until they ran out of spin and their lack of substance was exposed. If the CQ Bid is so solid why do they need spin, why not put that huge cost into grass roots, the commission wont give a toss about spin only substance and this now smells like CQ either doesnt have the substance they claim or are doubting that they can get up.....dumb stuff...hope I am wrong!

You will be wrong. the news that will come from this won't be spin and will be substance that I can assure you. PR and media experts wouldn't be contacted if there wasn't major news coming. This news more or less is related to a few hints dropped in the last few months

Huge cost? The Bid has an owner and sponsors put money into the bid/potential club that wouldn't be put into grassroots otherwise. Although sponsors are attached to the Schools program, the Development programs, etc already have been sponsored charities/CQ events

Last edited:

gyallop

Juniors
New gov't building a stadium?

Is the Bid supporting the Capras rebuild this year?....that should be the highest priority.

CQ Italia

Juniors
New gov't building a stadium?

Is the Bid supporting the Capras rebuild this year?....that should be the highest priority.
Sorry for the delayed reply (working all afternoon/last night)

Yes they have committed to building it. The Bid (CEO & Chairman) this week were down in Brisbane and hopefully get the early release for the $500,000 (already included in funding), so the stadium is ready to build after the green light and for the 2015 season.

Supporting Capras - the Business and Community Development Manager is a former Capras (formerly Comets) Assistant Coach / Player and regularly attends games (but also has attended Mackay Cutters games with the CEO).
Several board members are ex Capras players or even involved in both boards.

Promotional wise - Capras are promoted on the FB and also website (various blogs). I promote the Capras every blog ("The Spot Light").

Bare in mind they aren't 100% officially connected. But obviously will be one of the QCup clubs. Also Bundaberg / Burnett will get a QCup club when CQ are in the NRL.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Bare in mind they aren't 100% officially connected. But obviously will be one of the QCup clubs. Also Bundaberg / Burnett will get a QCup club when CQ are in the NRL.

I like the bid and would love to see CQld in the NRL one day but how would that work?

CQ NRL team will have Rocky & Bundy with QCup feeder teams while NQld has Cairns & Mackay even though Mackay is part of the CQld bid?

CQ Italia

Juniors
I like the bid and would love to see CQld in the NRL one day but how would that work?

CQ NRL team will have Rocky & Bundy with QCup feeder teams while NQld has Cairns & Mackay even though Mackay is part of the CQld bid?
I didn't comment on them because it remains to be seen what Mackay will do, for example after we find out who the NRL will expand to hopefully later this year.

There is always Townsville or PNG (when they come in at 2013) as a feeder area. But PNG may have visa issues

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I didn't comment on them because it remains to be seen what Mackay will do, for example after we find out who the NRL will expand to hopefully later this year.

There is always Townsville or PNG (when they come in at 2013) as a feeder area. But PNG may have visa issues

It's confirmed that PNG is joining the QLD Cup next season?

CQ Italia

Juniors
It's confirmed that PNG is joining the QLD Cup next season?
Nope, but we'll see

The PNG Bid said this last month "We have a very strong junior development plan in place and we have made an application for entry to the Queensland Cup in 2013 which we hope will be successful."

beave

Coach
Agreed, i was a fish growing up but 90% of people in tvl can't stand the club so they are pushing shit uphill with this bid. Townsville Stingers all the way IMO.

Townsville_stingers_logo.JPG

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I can see why they would do this, unless you are a mouth in Brisbane or Sydney it is hard to get your bid recognised by the public/media. Look at us, we have been developing the WA Reds bid for nearly 5 years yet got hardly any media covg or discussion. Benny Elias jumps in with Tony Sage for some half ar5ed attempt at cutting his soccer costs and suddenly the Sydney media is all over them.

CQ Italia

Juniors
I can see why they would do this, unless you are a mouth in Brisbane or Sydney it is hard to get your bid recognised by the public/media. Look at us, we have been developing the WA Reds bid for nearly 5 years yet got hardly any media covg or discussion. Benny Elias jumps in with Tony Sage for some half ar5ed attempt at cutting his soccer costs and suddenly the Sydney media is all over them.
I spoke to a major journo in Feb, who didn't even realise who Central Queensland were. "Who?.... CQ NRL Bid. What entity? is this about the Brisbane bid". Than explained.

Not the only one in Sydney/Brisbane with similar awareness of bids (Fish bowl perhaps), but that will change soon.