What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Fitzgibbon - 20 years

Big Bloke

Juniors
Heard on the BSB this morning that Steve Mace has been quoted as saying the Sharks want Fitz long term - 20 years is the timeframe being thrown up. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It wasn’t a real idea that we would commit too more of a vote of confidence in his early impact at the club

Quigs

Immortal
LONG TERM PLAN: We need to infiltrate the upper echelons of the NRL Administration and have our own "Kenny Arthurson" types up there in the big decision making realms.

It won't matter to munch who is in the Coaches Box while we always have to survive in a TV Ratings run geographical decision making Competition.

In 20 years I hope 'us' Sharks will still be here and I hope that I might still be on the right side of the grass.

Tiger Shark

Bench
It was in the Tele, it didn't read like he's getting a 20 year deal just they dont see or want him going anywhere and they'll look at an extension at the right time.

Special K

Coach
I don't see Fitz as the type of person who would want to jump around. He will want to stay here long term and build his vision not take over someone elses. He is not the type of person who would jump for an extra few $$$ and we will do whatever it takes to make sure he is paid as best we can. He has two more years left and given the world we live in I would expect we announce an extension next year so players know who will be around for the next 5 or so years.

Flanno did 9 years with a 2 year holiday in between. If he didn't dick around he would probably still be our coach.

Weaponhead

Coach
It's about building a strong organisation for the long term. Stability and quality will get results. They aren't going to offer a 20 year contract (I hope) but are signalling commitment to this course for the long haul.

It is a refreshing change from the cap in hand approach the club has typically had for the majority of it's existence.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
A 20 year deal sounds ridiculous, but I’m that sold on him that I wouldn’t be worried if they did. I think a 5 year extension being signed sometime next year would be a wise move

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I reckon an extension won’t come until the start of yr3 but it will be a longer tenure.