What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Frawley a Raider.

sydraider

First Grade
I compare that with the rorters and especially the broncs. Mant experts believed that the broncs would not even finish in the eight this year, yet look where they are ..

I said at the start of the year that they have some good young guys coming up and they NEVER EVER have 2 bad years in a row.
I got connections up north ;) hehehehe
Tje dif between us and them is that they have a decent coach, not a dick who wears beer goggles when it comes to form :evil:

Bay56

First Grade
sydraider said:
The dif between us and them is that they have a decent coach, not a dick who wears beer goggles when it comes to form :evil:

My point exactly ... now all you have do is have that same opinion with regard to those lunatics that are often referred to as "management" and we will begin the long road back to being the best team in the comp.

Paullyboy

Coach
No new news Im afraid guys, but I wouldnt be taking the CT to seriously here because the Courier Mail always seems to have the inside scoop when it comes to the Broncos and the silence has me worried. If he was leaving they would be making more of a hoop-la about it.

I still hold hope though.

Blunty

Juniors
I don't want to dampen the party but I do remember a month or so ago the radio and papers all stating that Canberra had signed Kite, yet he has gone to Manly. I wouldn't be getting your hopes up too early that is all, however he is a good player, and good luck to you if you get him.

edabomb

First Grade
I'm not a huge fan of Frawleys. I think this is just an attempt by management to save face after the events of the past few weeks. Better off saving the money for next off season than over paying someone for 3 seasons. If we get him cheap it'd be worth it though.

Paullyboy

Coach
Frawley has massive potential, Id be extremely happy if we signed him. He is a great young talent if his knee holds up.

Still no new news about it up here though

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
From Brisbane Bronco's website http://www.broncos.com.au/index.cfm?TopMenuID=266&MenuID=296&&NewsID=1034

Frawley's unsure about move
by Dan Koch
Saturday July 17, 2004
:!:

Brisbane have moved quickly to re-sign giant young winger Gary Tupou, as speculation mounts up-and-coming three-quarter Craig Frawley is set to link with the Canberra Raiders.

After four seasons plagued by bad luck and injury, the 23-year-old Frawley finally appears to be finding his feet at the top level. However, the Redcliffe junior has a desire to play in the centres as opposed to the wing, where coach Wayne Bennett is keen to keep him.

Brisbane has a plethora of talent to fill the two centre spots including current squad members Brent Tate, Shaun Berrigan, David Stagg and Tonie Carroll and next season will also have Origin star Justin Hodges at their disposal making it unlikely Frawley will get a chance to move any closer to the action.

But having lost star three-quarter Joel Monaghan to the Roosters, Canberra has been able to offer Frawley a deal significantly larger than the Broncos can afford and one which would allow him to move into the centres.

"Several clubs have shown interest in Craig but things have come to a head with the Canberra offer," said Frawley's manager David Phillips.

"Monaghan's departure creates an opportunity for Craig but the Broncos have been really good to him through two knee reconstructions. It's not an easy decision."

Frawley said he was undecided about where he would end up in 2005, but admitted he felt indebted to Brisbane after they stuck with him through several serious injuries.

“It’s a big decision,” he said.

“The Broncos were really good to me through those years of injury and that is definitely something that I will consider.”

Tupou, who has battled to overcome a chronic hamstring complaint this season, agreed to a one-year deal, with many at the club confident the New Zealand-born youngster will be ready for the big time next year after another pre-season to smooth out any more rough edges.

seems like the loyal sort of player and I think it will come down to how loyal they (the broncos) are to him in offering him a spot in the centres.

However, I think I'd rather see Phil Graham and Adam Mogg as our centres, so, that being the case, I'd rather not get him unless Elliot wants to use Graham as a winger - which I hope he doesn't. From what I've seen and Heard of Graham, he is a good line breaker who would be better of at centre than out on the wing

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Hope who stays??? If you're referring to Frawley, how could Frawley staying (at the broncos) add anything as far as fresh faces goes?

RAID04

Juniors
From the Syndey Morning Herald (20 Jul 2004)

CANBERRA

Skipper Simon Woolford is confident of playing against the Warriors on Sunday despite injuring his shoulder in last Saturday's heavy loss to Penrith. It is believed Brisbane winger Craig Frawley is now leaning away from signing with the Raiders

Latest posts