What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Frawley signs

Bay56

First Grade
Walt .... between Rubes and Davico there is some 400 games ... you dont make experience overnight kiddo .... and when it comes to that all important ingredient, the more you have of it the better (especially in your forward pack).

Last season I made a little study on this .... surprisingly we were one of the most experienced (and obviously oldest) teams in the comp. There was a direct correlation between the total games played by your your 17 and your position on the table .... the only exception to that rule was the Panthers who had the luxury of being able to play virtually the same team week in week out.

azza

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
its not about that
we are losing our 2 best forwards, our best go forward blokes so natuarlly our momentum will not be as good next year, we wont make as much metres up the guts next season so we have to become more expansive and give the likes of Frawley, Mogg, Graham and Schif some quality ball

Bingo. Obviously everyone else has understood what I have said.

Please do put me on ignore. I have a low tolerance for idiots.

Raider_69

Post Whore
No way in hell anyone in our current list can do as or better job knocking it forward as davico and wiki... thats just being realistic, especially wiki

Walt Flanigan

Referee
That's a bit self-deprecating isn't it azza? having such a low tolerance for yourself. Hows that working out for ya?

Anonymous

Juniors
What a good signing. Finially someone of note.

However I disagree with most of you playinh him at centre with Phil on the wing, I'd switch them around.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he signed with us because he wants to play centre, so i say give the man his spot
phils defence is less expossed on the wing too

Bay56

First Grade
Timbo said:
What a good signing. Finially someone of note.

However I disagree with most of you playinh him at centre with Phil on the wing, I'd switch them around.

If you fire that shotgun in the air long enough sooner or later something is going to come down ... so far it's just been a sparrow or two but finally we have a decent sized duck to place on the dinner table.

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
I'm happy we got Frawley,
I'd have:
1. Schifcofske
2. Graham
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Gafa/Robertson sometime Gafa might play 6 or 13 or something
6. McLinden
7. Carney for a while anyway at the start of 2005

Frawley joins the Green Machine
17:48 AEST Sat Jul 24 2004

Simon Woolford's fears Canberra would be stuck with a "second-rate" replacement for Joel Monaghan were allayed with news Brisbane winger Craig Frawley had signed a three-year deal with the Raiders.

The Broncos wanted the Raiders to delay any announcement of the deal, believed to be worth more than $500,000, until after Brisbane's match against Manly on Saturday at Suncorp Stadium.

But it was confirmed that Frawley, 23, would fill the void left by the Sydney Roosters' recruitment of the gun centre Monaghan, who is committed to a three-year contract.

"At that stage of the year I thought we were only going to find a second-rate player to fill the hole left by Joel," said Raiders skipper Simon Woolford on the eve of his side's encounter with NZ Warriors at Canberra Stadium.

"But as it turned out we got hold of Craig Frawley - who's been very, very impressive - and I'm really excited about him coming here.

"At the time I thought a lot of the good players would be signed up but obviously Craig wasn't and it's worked out very well for us."

The loss of Frawley compounds Brisbane's problems in the backs, with international centre Michael De Vere bound for England next year.

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen admitted this week that the club could not hope to match the offer from Raiders officials, who met with Frawley on Tuesday.

Frawley has been in superb touch this year, scoring 10 tries from 14 first grade appearances after several injury-plagued years limited his opportunities to cement a spot in the Broncos' line-up.

Last year the robust winger was restricted to just 13 first grade matches for the meagre return of three tries.

"I was disappointed when we lost Joel and when I heard we were chasing Craig Frawley I've kept an eye on him and been very impressed by him," added Woolford, who will carry a shoulder injury into the clash with the Warriors.

"I think he more than covers the hole Joel's left."

Woolford said club doctor Justin Paoloni was happy with the return of strength to his shoulder, which he injured in Canberra's 42-8 hiding against Penrith last week - the Raiders' biggest defeat in two years.

Canberra is sitting on 20 points on the NRL ladder - equal with St George Illawarra and Cronulla, which meet on Sunday at Oki Jubilee Stadium.

"Every game is big for us now," said Woolford.

Walt Flanigan said:
And if that is actually what you are saying I think I'll just join the long list of people who ignore you, because your full of sh*t.

Walt's been here a day and look, he's already figured some of the kids out. If you listen to half the dribblers around here you believe the sky is gonna fall down, and that Jimmy Spandex and the Sunflower Gang are the number 1 band in the world. Onya Walt! Now, how's that dog of yours?

greeneyed

First Grade
I was just thinking Walt needs to wait to make about 10 posts before he makes some judgements.

Bay56

First Grade
Schif_Happens said:
Walt Flanigan said:
And if that is actually what you are saying I think I'll just join the long list of people who ignore you, because your full of sh*t.

Walt's been here a day and look, he's already figured some of the kids out. If you listen to half the dribblers around here you believe the sky is gonna fall down, and that Jimmy Spandex and the Sunflower Gang are the number 1 band in the world. Onya Walt! Now, how's that dog of yours?

Yeah good on ya Walt .. join the club of dribblers.

Dont know how old you are schif but I reckon I've seen it all before, more times than you have. If you think Frawley is the end of our problems, you've got problems. Some time you should take of those rose-coloured glasses mate.

Lynchie

Juniors
Today is a wonderful day. I have woken up to read about the signing of Craig Frawley! I really thought we had a slim chance of signing him but I guess that spare cash came in handy.
I have to say I am comfortable with our signings now and am much more optimistic about next season. YYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAA !