What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

craig gower

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It's true though, other than England, NZ there really aren't any strong international teams. The rest are just a few token teams from island nations. No reason to have abit of a sook because he stated the harsh reality that is league vs union.

Canada just hosted the USA in a match recently. USA won 16-10 I believe. Not bad for a few island teams...

cgee221

Juniors
Could anyone imagine how great it would be if rugby league became the world game......ahh how amazing the world would be!

boxhead

First Grade
Apparently Gower still goes well. Don't know how well he would handle first-grade though :?

Eels Dude

Coach
Canada just hosted the USA in a match recently. USA won 16-10 I believe. Not bad for a few island teams...

Yeah and what's your point? If USA or Canada were playing Australia what do you think the score would be? An amateur match between USA and Canada certainly doesn't count towards rugby league's international strength.

lewiscook

Juniors
If the stories I have been hearing are correct, the Eels won't be the ONLY Club looking for half backs (and hookers or backrow forwards) in a couple of weeks..and they won't be able to go through one of the agents, or celebrate by dancing the night away....

I think i can see what you are alluding too.
I got a bad feeling the next coming weeks are going to be very bad for the NRL:(

mrpwnd

Bench
What!? Surely the names USA and Canada aren't merely nicknames for under 12s teams in Australia.
Bankstown USAers and the Liverpool Canadas.

Eelvis

Juniors
If the stories I have been hearing are correct, the Eels won't be the ONLY Club looking for half backs (and hookers or backrow forwards) in a couple of weeks..and they won't be able to go through one of the agents, or celebrate by dancing the night away....
I got a post deletion yesterday for something which didn't allude to it as blatantly as that

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
F**k rugby union.

If you want an international game watch soccer (football).

If you want a spectacle of brutality and skill watch rugby league.

Union isn't the best of both worlds, it's the worst of both worlds.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
and what isn't correct about what he said? :?

maybe he overstated union's standing, but he's pretty right about league

That was the only article I could find, he was much worse in others, claiming that Rugby League was a back water sport and he was glad to get out and into a true international game.

Gronk

Staff member
Brandy said last night on NRL Tactics that Gower had "had enough" of rugby and would deffiunatley come back to NRL. He had a 2 year deal to stay in Bayonne and would play NRL if anyone could match it. Hence the reason why Ozzie said in the Telecrap this AM that they had been offered Gower but declined.