What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Wing released?

MrCharisma

Bench
I don't usually troll oppositions forums but while reading my Bulldogs forum, came about this from a Souths fan.

"Craig Wing has been released from the roosters and has joined souths for 4 seasons on a deal believed to be worth 300k a season.

Shane Richardson has stated that Wing will boost Souths on the open market. "We've signed a few quality players with the likes of Nigel Vangana and Dean Widders joining the club so next years looking bright for Souths. We're moving forward to become a club that is feared, not a club that is the laughing stalk for so many players."

It is believed Souths offered Wing the captaincy and an permanent starting position. Unlike Wings present club the Roosters Wing will be souths permanent hooker."

Can anyone confirm/deny it for me?

Choppies

Coach
If a Souths fan said it I won't beleive it. The amount of sh*t they talk is laughable at best.
They have been making up sh*t about Wing since 2001 (when the court ruled in their favor) When they got back in he was sure to sign for them, when he was used as a utility he wasn't happy and would return to Souths 2002
When he was moved to hooker he wasn't happy and would return to Souths 2003. Wing was also very unhappy in 2004 and 2005 according to them and that trend from them dosent seem to be ending this year. (They have also started these sort of lies about Ashley Harrison as well)

MrCharisma

Bench
Lol

Thanks Choppies... I thought it was a crock of sh*t too, since the Telegraph ran a story today on how Wing was happy at the Roosters and since I couldn't find a source to the claims, I came straight here to see if you guys had heard anything.

BTW... my girlfriend is an avid Roosters fan, I'm one of the nice Dogs fans. I have to sleep in a bed surrounded in Morely/Ricketson/Fittler posters. *sigh*

Wobbygong

First Grade
Heard Canavan and Stuart say recently Wing is happy and will see out his deal, anything else is crap.

Wing will not be released.

HoLLuS

Juniors
Canavan also claiming that rumour 'was started by the other mob' ie Souths....no love lost there!!!

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Agent Mulder said:
It would be justice if Wing returned to Souths.A Bit of a player drain at The Roosters.

Unlike Parra eh? Good to see they are retaining all their players :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
sharks4ever said:
he isnt a rooster junior he played for coogee which is south sydney district

Have you checked the Roosters clubs? The majority of their feeder clubs fall into the "Roosters district" due to an agreement years and years ago

Coogee by the ARL is deemed Roosters not Souths.

sharks4ever said:
ok than thanks iv only been told that coogee is souths district not the roosters

It is Souths.

The only 4 Roosters junior clubs are Bondi United, Clovelly Crocodiles, Paddo Tigers, St Charles.

The rest are all Souths when they took them over in the late 60's.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Southern, didn't those clubs still remain linked with the Roosters though?

I thought back in the 60-70s that the roosters junior clubs would play with the Souths, Balmain, Canterbury, Dragons comps - maybe thats over 16s or something

Godz Illa

Coach
Half correct MT. The Roosters junior clubs mentioned do play in the Souths Juniors comp under the Roosters banner. I guess the easiest way to distinguish whose juniors belong to whom would be to look at the junior representative levels. Craig Wing went from Coogee to Souths SG Ball, and Maroubra Lions (the club he joined age 16) to Souths Jersey Flegg. If he played for Bondi Utd, Clovelly, Paddo or St Charles he would have been graded by Easts SG Ball and Flegg. So, if he joins Souths next year he would be effectively returning to his junior club.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tahnks for the clarification Godz Illa - I always had the understanding that the wombats was originally a Roosters feeder side, simular to Concord Burwood being Magpies then Balmain's (after they gave it up) territory but playing games in the South Sydney compition during parts of the year