What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

yobbo84

Coach
That Maxwell story gives me strong "David Kidwell tripped over his daughter at a family BBQ" vibes...

TheParraboy

Staff member
You can tell FAF has never played 3rd grade cricket in Australia, where you play against 11 Warners at times.

(yes he is promoting his book)

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...y/news-story/6952b349ee3bceec833e1b91a7dc9317

“Australia wanted to bully us,” du Plessis, 38, told the BBC as he reflected on the Durban match.

“We had to stand up for ourselves. They abused us that whole game but the way we fought back turned the series around.”

And while he had some sympathy for the impressionable Bancroft and admiration for the talented Smith, there was no such goodwill towards Warner.

“He was a bully,” said du Plessis. “I don’t have time for bullies.”

But du Plessis, who scored over 4,000 runs, including 10 hundreds, in 69 Tests at an average of 40, before calling time on his red-ball international career last year, made no attempt to shy away from his role in other controversial incidents.

1668562109645.png

There was ‘Zipgate’, when he was found guilty of rubbing the ball on the zipper of his trousers against Pakistan in 2013 and ‘Mintgate’ — an incident in 2016 against Australia where he was seen applying saliva from a mint onto the ball.

“I’m not perfect,” he said. “I’ve never claimed to be. I’ve never been the most talented player.

“Yes, I have talent, but it’s hard work and mental toughness that got me to where I am.” But the batsman insisted his was a “story about failure”, adding: “I wanted to write a book about leadership, about relationships, about struggle … I was a person who was filled with self-doubt and insecurity. And that’s OK.”

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think due to being a kid who grew up in NSW, I find this man the funniest person on earth.

I want to give a medal or something, If I ever need a laugh and smile I just listen to this.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Elgars tons up for the Proteas, they elected to bat v CA XI

Spinner Kuhnermann has 3 scalps

SA 4/208

Tremain wicketless at this juncture...

Did Australian cricket see the emergence yesterday of a future Test batsman in Campbell Kellaway. A 100 against a strong international bowling attack says, very likely.

Tim Ward, Teague Wyllie, Ashley Chandrasinghe, Campbell Kellaway, Cooper Connolly, Jayden Goodwin.
Am excited for Aussie cricket with the prospect of these talented rookies taking the step up to a baggy green over the next five years.

I await a BCF reply with bated breath.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Tim Ward, Teague Wyllie, Ashley Chandrasinghe, Campbell Kellaway, Cooper Connolly, Jayden Goodwin.
Am excited for Aussie cricket with the prospect of these talented rookies taking the step up to a baggy green over the next five years.

I await a BCF reply with bated breath.
If you throw 6 thousand names in the air you'll eventually get 1 right Baggers.

It doesn’t seem that long ago 1992/93 ish that the Australian 200 Test Wicket club was:
Lillee
Benaud
McKenzie
Lindwall
Grimmett
Thomson

Merv and McDermott were getting there (Merv’s last test was in South Africa early 1994 and he finished on 212). McDermott around 1995/96 and there was talk of him reaching Lillee though succumbed to injury in 1996 to finish on 291. Missing the 93 Ashes and 95 WI tours through injury didn’t help.

Davidson 186 and Lawson 180 rounded out the Top 10 Aussie list.

Since, we’ve had Warne get 708 and McGrath 563.
Lyon is now on 454.
Johnson, Lee and Starc in the 300 club and Gillespie, Siddle, Hazelwood, Cummins and MacGill in the 200s.

The top ten is
Warne
Mcgrath
Lyon
Lillee
Johnson
Lee
Starc
McDermott
Gillespie
Benaud

Cummins only needs 40 wickets to go top 10.

baggygreen man said:

Ashes U19 cricket tours have been revived with an England side coming to our shores in an all format series in Jan/Feb.

Australia Male Under 19 Squad: Harry Dixon (VIC), Liam Blackford (VIC) , Ethan Jamieson (NSW) Harjas Singh (NSW) , Joel Davies (c) (NSW) , Hugh Weibgen (QLD, Lachlan Aitken (QLD , William Salzmann (NSW) , Tom Balkin (QLD) , Mahli Beardman (WA), Josh Vernon (WA), Charlie Anderson (NSW) ,Tom Straker (NSW) , Luke Holt (WA), Harkirat Bajwa (VIC)

I recall following these reciprocal junior Ashes tours with enjoyment. Was unexplained why they suddenly stopped about a decade ago. Surely these tours provide an excellent stepping stone for when the big boys meet in the iconic Ashes.

Latest posts