What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

jargan83

Coach
Watched some of the run chase last night and thought they were cooked at 6/170 odd so I went to bed.

Good to see the Aussies get home and the England kids learn early that England don't win major championships at global level.

TheParraboy

Staff member
For those of us wanting a cricket fix tonight

Quarter final - Aust v India in the Under 19 WC about to start
Fox 506

Oz won the toss and elected to field

hineyrulz

Post Whore

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Reactions: JJ

tomdl

Bench
Another wasted opportunity to pick a decent side for these upcoming 50 over matches against the English Lions. Thought this would change with Chappell pissing off but evidently not. Bunch of kids with with little to no experience combined with some washed up merkins who don't have state contracts anymore playing what looks to be a strong Lions side. What a waste of time

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Some members of Australia’s Under-19 World Cup squad face sanctions for comments on social media that have been branded as casual racism. Cricket Australia’s head of integrity and security Sean Carroll has spoken with those players who recently posted broken-English responses to an Instagram post.

“We are extremely disappointed that some of the Australian Under-19 squad members have used inappropriate language in posts on social media, which we reported to the ICC as soon as it came to our attention,” Carroll said in a statement. “Some of that language could be interpreted as ridiculing non-native English language speakers.”

In response to an Instagram post by Jake Fraser-McGurk – whose tournament was ended earlier this week after being scratched on the face by a monkey at a nature reserve – which said “Quarter-finals here we come”, batsman Oliver Davies wrote: “Sir great player, big fan, and will play India one day.”

Spinner Tanveer Sangha added, “You hit ball very hard sir” while all-rounder Liam Scott wrote, “Sir give me whatsapp number I want to be friend”. Middle-order batsman Lachlan Hearne then posted, “Young Steve Smith sir” and opening bat Sam Fanning: “How u bat so good young man.”

The posts, now deleted, were made before the team’s defeat to India at the Under-19 World Cup which is being held in South Africa.

“I have spoken to the players this morning and expressed in no uncertain terms that such language has no place in society and falls well short of the standards we expect as Australian cricketers,” Carroll said.

“Cricket Australia will consider sanctions upon their return home from South Africa, which will include but not be limited to education and cultural sensitivity training. Most of the players do not have their parents present with them in South Africa and some of them are minors. Accordingly, we believe it is appropriate to consider sanctions upon their return home.”

tomdl

Bench
Another day, another Will Pucovski concussion unfortunately.

CA XI 8/281 Bryant 102(60), England Lions 4/285 Hain 122*.

Sure would be nice if Hain never left Queensland... Insane List A record so far, surely will take Morgan's place in the England ODI side when he steps down.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Haven't heard much about our U19s this time, no kids with huge reps to my knowledge - they over achieved... guess it beats losing earlier, and making problematic social media posts ...