What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket quiz

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well I gave you Glenn McGrath 10/27, but that not the one you were looking for.

So its gotta be someone whos conceded less runs than McGraths and more wickets.

Doctor

Bench
Jim Laker's 19/90 against Australia in the 50s must come close - it works out at about 4.5 runs per wicket doesn't it?

If it is the most economical then surely Johnny Briggs' 15/28 for England against the South Africans back in the 1800s has to be close. That is ridiculously good and the most economical by my reckoning.

Doctor

Bench
Brigg's story is a sad one. He was a talented bowler whose career was ended when he got hit in the head by the ball in a match - he suffered an epileptic seizure, and the ongoing mental problems associated with the injury meant he spent the rest of his life in a mental assylum.

Very sad.

Doctor

Bench
If I'm right then answer this question: (If not then just ignore the question)

What have Harbhajan Singh, Shane Warne and Herb Ironmonger done that no other bowlers have done in Test History?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Trick question that, I thought it was match, but it was innings.

Technically McGrath's is the least expensive, 10/27 for the match.

Doctor

Bench
Oswin said:
What have Harbhajan Singh, Shane Warne and Herb Ironmonger done that no other bowlers have done in Test History?

There it is - anyone game. It might be one of those ambiguous questions again so I'm happy to clear up that it is a bowling feat

NB: Clue follows - avert your eyes if you don't want assistance.
It is a unique set of circumstances in which the bowling feat was accomplished - it is not a singular occurence either.

Doctor

Bench
*Paul* said:
Have got a ten wickets in a match (without bowling anyone) more than once.

Correct - they have each taken two 10 wickets hauls without bowling any of the batsmen out.

Harbhajan Singh
15-217 India v Australia Chennai 2000/01
13-196 India v Australia Kolkata 2000/01

Shane Warne
11-77 Australia v Pakistan Brisbane 1995/96
11-188 Australia v Pakistan Colombo (PSS) 2002/03

Herb Ironmonger
11-24 Australia v South Africa Melbourne 1931/32
11-79 Australia v West Indies Melbourne 1930/31

Floors all yours again Paul....

*Paul*

Juniors
Would've never figured that out, had to resort to Google.

What record does Mike Atherton and Glenn McGrath jointly hold?

Doctor

Bench
Oooh that's one I can't even guess - it's probably not an Australian given that most of the one-test veterens are way back in the 70s and 80s and I don't think they had many 5-fors or indeed centuries.

I have to go to work - hopefully it will be answered when I get back. ;-)

Latest posts