What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket quiz

crazy john

Juniors
I'm pretty sure I'm right so onto the next question.

Over 100 years ago there was an Australian doctor who played only two test matches before his profession forced him to stop playing. What was his name and what feat did he achieve before anyone else in test cricket?

*Paul*

Juniors
Would it be John Barrett, who was the second to carry his bat, but the first to do so on debut?

*Paul*

Juniors
What's is the highest Test innings total (either one) that has nonetheless resulted in an innings defeat?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Australia scored 586 against England in 1894, but lost by 10 runs. They also were the first team to lose match after forcing the opposition to follow on.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I reckon its England's 432 against Australia in 2001 at The Oval,

They later lost by an innings and 25 runs

Australia scored 4/641 dec in their first innings.

Azkatro

First Grade
Crud... I went through the whole list of highest test innings' but decided I'd seen enough when I found the 405 I figured eh that'll do. Should have kept looking at least through to the 605 mark... *groan*

*Paul*

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
I reckon its England's 432 against Australia in 2001 at The Oval,
Correct. Other than Azkatro's 405, the only other 400+ was England scoring 417 last year to lose to RSA.