What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket World Cup

imported_midas

Juniors
You guys seem to think captaincy is easy.Consider all the problems:
Heads or tails?
bat or bowl?
what flavour Gatorade ?
how many tens make 50?
I tell you ,it,s qiute difficult,no wonder Flemming can,t handle it.

imported_Kaon

Juniors
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=1> <tbody> <tr class=ThmBgAlternate> <td nowrap align=middle background=http://sc.communities.msn.com/themes/pby/img/mb/reply_bg.gif><a target=_top>Reply</a>
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 223 of 244 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: ozbash</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 21/03/2003 12:51 PM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> 90210,, who are you picking ?
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

I'm the only one in my family going for Australia. Still, i wouldn't mind too much if the Aussies lost.

O

ozbash

New Zealand's Billy Bowden has been appointed fourth umpire for Sunday night's World Cup cricket final between Australia and India in Johannesburg.
David Shepherd of England and West Indies' Steve Bucknor will take charge of the World Cup final for the third final in a row.
The TV umpire will be South Africa's Rudi Koertzen of South Africa
ICC General Manager Dave Richardson says a special mention should be made of Billy Bowden, who came to the World Cup as a member of the International panel and has ended it as one of the best performers of the entire tournament.

imported_Kaon

Juniors
We are finally into the home straight after this long <span>campaign </span>and the two sides i was most looking forward to (as i mentioned in the first post) are into the final.

Australia is warn <span>favourites </span>before the match but the top order looks very shaky. The Indian bowlers have been taking key early wickets early in each innings they have bowled and this could be a big problem for Australia.

In my view the only way India can win the final is if Australia bat first. A few early wickets and the middle/lower order will manage to get it up to ~250. Sachin has to go <span>ballistic </span>and has to be there at least until they are within 50 runs. Dravid can finish it off with the help of the <span>youngsters</span>. If India bats first, Australia will win.

And so the final begins. India sending Oz into bat is stupid IMO, already they are on the back foot at 0/15 off an over. At $2.70 they wern't bad value, but seeing Aus are batting first, they are all almost unbackable now

BTW, did anyone see the topless display in the pre match show? :DEither that or they were very 'well endowered' men! (i was a fair distance from the screen)

Cheers,
moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gilchrist's 50
Aust 0/100 after 13

It actually looks like an OK pitch for the bowlers. Australia are on target for 300.. barring something dramatic, its all over red rover.

Have to hand it to the Indians though...they are winning the appeals race... . Gilchrist said to Ganguly, 'its an easy game with the replay' after the ball came off the hip and didnt carry anyway. Ganguly is a bloody goose.

uh oh... a wicket, Aust 1/105 Gilchrist picking out a fieldsman

imported_Docker

Juniors
in the 49th over the score is approaching 340. Reached340 with8 balls to go.

Just what you expect when you win the toss and put the other side in.

I agree, Ganguly is a clown.

imported_weasel

Juniors
I doubt there would have been a better one-day innings than that before. Other teams have got more runs sure but that was just brilliant. Of course if India goes on to beat us then there innings will surely outdo our effort but goddamn, that was the most complete batting display I've ever seen.:eek::eek::eek::eek::):D

imported_midas

Juniors
No thanks,El D,not even sober.Get Tendulkar for anything less than 100 and we should win.
Ganguly is in the Tufnell class as a fieldsman.

El Duque

Bench
Ive got a bad feeling this duckworth/lewis crap will rob aus of a chance.

How the f**k would india only need to be 3/158 off 25 when Aus got 360?

Not even half the Aus total plus Aus only lost two wickets.

I sat up half the night watching the game, and it was time well spent. The Indians put up a better fight than their final score seems to indicate, but their fate was sealed when Macca got Tendulkar in his first over, after that it was just manouvering to apply the coup de grace to a brave opponent. Lee bowled his heart out again and Lehmans runout of sehwag was a great moment.
All in all the Aussies blasted the Indians off the park with a great all round display. The Indians were great opposition though, and went down fighting every inch of the way, albeit against overwhelming firepower. Our stealth bombers and Abraham tanks against their pop guns.