What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

Wally21

Bench
Yet with 14 mins to go we had scored more tries then then…,and we defeated the last time we played them..,

but hey they just play at our level…

How about both sides played ok when they have the advantage of possession. Generally who ever has the most possession wins….
And that sort of good enough, excuse making is the reason why the club hasn’t won a title since 1986.
they had the most possession because we lost the middle.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yet with 14 mins to go we had scored more tries then then…,and we defeated the last time we played them..,

but hey they just play at our level…

How about both sides played ok when they have the advantage of possession. Generally who ever has the most possession wins….
What happened in Rd 3 is irrelevant.

We should have won were Manly a 14 pts better team then us tonight the answer is NO. But they found a way.

Nothing make me more sick then fans patting us on the head tonight for having a dig.

Like last week was that horrendous that now we are getting sympathy/credit for having a crack after last week's disgrace.

If we dished up the effort we did tonight for that last month we are 5-3 and sitting pretty.

Gherkin

Juniors
But if we - and more to the point BA in the presser - are relying on those type of nit-picky things to give us excuses for the shit we dealt up in the second half across the board, then the coaching staff are in denial and our club is in more trouble than any of us already think.
It’s a call that resulted in us being short a player for 10 minutes though, not something minor

emjaycee

Coach
You're better than that.

You know why he's labelled a troll - and it's not that.
Actually, I am probably not better than that and to be honest, I don't know why he is labelled a troll.
My understanding of a troll is someone who post shit to purposely upset people. Not someone who post their own opinions that just don't happen align with the general group thought.

the phantom menace

First Grade
It’s a call that resulted in us being short a player for 10 minutes though, not something minor
But the 1cm potential offside doesn't change that he committed the foul... Penisini went in for the tackle before Trbo had taken the ball, which is a dumb play and penalty (or sin bin if in try scoring position) every time.

That was the only bit of the presser ch 9 showed, but in fairness to BA he did focus on our deficiencies before attempting this excuse.

Soto

Bench
Sanders isn't the reason we lost. He had a great game first up. He had Olakoatou running at him all night.
The ppl who cost us were
A) Sivo - dopey play taking air and then the forearm
B) Lane - laziest player in the game bar none. He needs to be dropped and shown the door
C) Joe O - what a pot plant.

4 immediate changes for next game
Lane gone - Guymer in
Joe O Out - Wiremu in
Kelma out - Cartwright in
Lussick out - Moretti in

Hands to start.
Guymer and Cartwright lead the line speed.
Lussick needs to go as well.
If Hands needs to go off then spell him with Hopgood for about 10 mins each side of halftime. Then Hipgood can come off.
First and foremost defence needs to be fixed. Simple as that.

There is a method to the madness but mediocrity isn't acceptable anymore.
If Sivo gets suspended time to give someone else apart from Russell a go too...I'd be happy to give Cini or Ethyn Martin a go

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hopgood was the only forward who made over 100m.
Needs to get errors out of his game though.

Fmd he is dropping the ball cold once a week or giving away a dumb penalty.

The efforts there but the dumb mistakes shouldn't still happening that I was happy to cop last year in his 1st year of FG.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Actually, I am probably not better than that
Ok, your call... but hence my mirror reply.
and to be honest, I don't know why he is labelled a troll.
My understanding of a troll is someone who post shit to purposely upset people.
I think you just answered your own question there... think about it.
Not someone who post their own opinions that just don't happen align with the general group thought.
So that makes you and 84Baby are the only ones on this forum that haven't yet woken up to Pou... I guess someone's got to get the lowest marks in any test. 🤷‍♂️

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I honestly expected about as much without Mitch Moses. Tbh it could be a lot worse than it is right now. The eels look lost in attack without him. And that’s concerning because it shouldn’t just come down to one player. But in this case it look like it has. Without Mitch the eels lack CONFIDENCE. At least there’s only three more games left now without him
Manly beat Penrith sans-Cleary by this exact same score.

Avenger

Immortal
Actually, I am probably not better than that and to be honest, I don't know why he is labelled a troll.
My understanding of a troll is someone who post shit to purposely upset people. Not someone who post their own opinions that just don't happen align with the general group thought.
His main aim is to go against the grain for every f**king topic. He has no real opinion of his own. His opinion is to be in the minority, no matter the subject. And he does it to get a rise out of people.

Noise

Coach
Needs to get errors out of his game though.

Fmd he is dropping the ball cold once a week or giving away a dumb penalty.

The efforts there but the dumb mistakes shouldn't still happening that I was happy to cop last year in his 1st year of FG.
For sure! I was just saying that overall our forwards were pretty shit.

Latest posts