What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crikey! How bad is Benji Marshall?

What we're starting to see from Benji is what Tigers fans had to put up with for years. There's no steady improvement or long term consistency. He's a week to week proposition, a rocks and diamonds type of player. Anyone expecting anything else is going to be disappointed I'm afraid.

gorilla

First Grade
What we're starting to see from Benji is what Tigers fans had to put up with for years. There's no steady improvement or long term consistency. He's a week to week proposition, a rocks and diamonds type of player. Anyone expecting anything else is going to be disappointed I'm afraid.

Different man, different team.

Unknown coach.....

Benji = slowhand

krispyredv

Juniors
Everyone here saying Benji is off the pace will be on his bandwagon after his next try assist. Accept the good with the bad, he is a top class player and you should be happy to see him at our club.

Minh

First Grade
Everyone here saying Benji is off the pace will be on his bandwagon after his next try assist. Accept the good with the bad, he is a top class player and you should be happy to see him at our club.

^^^ Also This!:D

mbrako

Juniors
Watched the game on Saturday from behind the posts and watching Benji move past defenders then when in the hole throw a pass. Couldn't understand why he didn't pin the ears back and go himself more often, think he is just trying too hard at the moment and doesn't want to be seen as a hog. Watched the same game last year and the difference between him and Fien is massive. Hopefully Widdop can step in and take some of the pressure off, but can't wait to get Duges back.

gorilla

First Grade
Watched the game on Saturday from behind the posts and watching Benji move past defenders then when in the hole throw a pass. Couldn't understand why he didn't pin the ears back and go himself more often, think he is just trying too hard at the moment and doesn't want to be seen as a hog. Watched the same game last year and the difference between him and Fien is massive. Hopefully Widdop can step in and take some of the pressure off, but can't wait to get Duges back.

I think he knows that he's lost a bit of pace.

he has to settle into his new role as a ball player and kicker, not a breaker.

As long as he runs to the line and has some threat, he'll do OK

Mr Red

First Grade
You always know with barge ass that in the space of 80 mins you will get rocks and diamonds, and hopefully there is more diamonds then rocks. However for the last 2 years it's been way too many rocks and not enough diamonds, and apart from his game against a reserve grade sharks team it's been the same this season.

TheRev

First Grade
Damn straight, he can only get better with more time, but even on current form, how he manages to create those gaps for his runners, just love it.. so sick of watching the boring halves of the past seasons.

Absolutely, imagine when he has confidence and better combinations.. it might be 2015 but I reckon we will be a force once were settled. My only fear is how we will go in upcoming rounds with potentially our 3 strongest forwards out injured, our backline are going to look pretty ordinary with a reserve grade pack up front.

GT0007

Juniors
Yeah I'm with you on that Rev and I think most are. We couldnt make a line break all year til Benji shows up and Quinlan is recalled. My concern is the same as yours which I posted in another thread is injuries as we just don't have the depth in the forwards to cover it. You can bet that the knives will come out for Benji, Quinlan and Rein when they struggle behind an inferior (more so than now) pack. Stockwell will be back just before the bye but doubt they will rush him in without any match fitness so we will be down Mez, Frizell and Stockwell. Considering we were getting smashed with them not so long ago its gonna be a tough few weeks. At full strength I think we would beat Melb and Cowboys at home

Drop Bear

Juniors
Benji is close to getting just right and turning on a blinder, like to see us pick up 2 wins before the bye.

jenninga

First Grade
Benji will always make mistakes with his style of play as long as it is in their third of the field.
But just love having him with us,made our team exciting to watch after 2 crap seasons.

GT0007

Juniors
Would like to see the name of this thread changed to something less insulting and more accurate

Latest posts