What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CRL V Squads, Retirements and Off-Contract players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

Juniors
Confirmed signings for Cronulla:
Rauhihi 8 8
Swain 7 9
Sargent 6 6
O'Donnell 6 6
Youngquest 6 6
Kativerata 7 5
Burt 7 7
Firman 8 7

If any of you guys on the other end of the signings pending please post to confirm it would be a great help.

Also this post will be edited as situations change, if i've claimed a player and haven't notified you or whatever let me know. Cheers.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Awaiting confirmation by Misty Bee for a transfer of Widders 8 6 from Balmain to the Central Coast.
Awaiting confirmation by Caged Panther and Misty Bee for a transfer of Sculthorpe 8 6? from Penrith to the Central Coast.

Deano

Juniors
Are you allowed to release players after the trading deadline?

Because I need to know what to do with my halfback situation with Jones off contract, if someone gets him I'll need a good half to replace him, but if I end up keeping Jones I'll have two halfbacks...

May I remind some of yous that there may be up and commers that may make there debute in the CRL.

Like Sonny Bill Williams and that (half )Witt :lol: among many others that hade great first or second years.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Misty Bee, where art thou?

There is two 'Sing's off contract! 1 with the Raiders the other with Souths. Who is the other sing and who has Matt Sing? I just made an offer for the Raiders' Sing, better be Matt!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Signings Pending Mistys Approval.

Blacklock*
Donald*
Roberts*
Meyers
Watmough
Campion

* Have put bid in but have had no response to whether I have him or not.

bartman

Immortal
Be patient fellow coaches. Seems not every coach is here yet, or may be delayed in checking site during the recruitment stages.

Trust Misty to get it sorted out and then let us all know.

But to temporarily answer some questions...

Deano, what has happened in previous comps is that after this first trading deadline Misty issues a list of remaining available players, and I think releases and signings of these through Misty would then be allowed for a short time, to make sure clubs stay within the salary caps and have players to play in the right positions.

Tupac, I don't think injuries are to be factored into CRL V. It did happen in a previous comp (as has rep duty) and what happened was that clubs were allocated some player cover (from the pool of remaining players) to select instead for those specific weeks. Assume not, but Misty will let us know if this will happen in CRL V.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Do they add more players to the pool after this section? I was pretty sure last time I played their were more players available to select. Plus I am saving some points so I can add Sonny-Bill to my squad seeing he's classified as my junior I would get him.

bartman

Immortal
You mean like adding a rookies pool, in the same way retirements force players out? Maybe, but would be up to Misty and need to be done in a way that's fair to all teams...

Misty Bee

First Grade
Tupac, there are no injuries. I tried it once, allocating 'juniors' as replacements, but it was very timeconsuming forme. It'sone of those 'backbuerner' ideas. There are 17 players in a squad - and you are free to change them around at will, providing you don't end up with people like Shane Webcke (or maybe Corey Pearson) at halfback!

Matt Sing somehow got cloned. I'll fix that.

You can release players at any time. Even mid season!

Dogs, there will be another list of available players from outside the current squads. That list will contain a lot of lesser quality players (useful to for squeezing under the cap), plus some good ones.

SWB will be added, and you'd get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.