What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crocker: Last piece in the puzzle

Charlie124

First Grade
hayne in your team...
Qld says thanks for another series

and dont forget Jamie "I don't wan't to play but I will if you force me to" Lyon.

Thats the problem with NSW, they pick players who might have the skill, but not the heart. Hayne is a pea-heart little germ, but he's playing alright at the moment so he'll get a jersey, Lyon doesn't want to play but because he's in form, he'll get the gig. Its sad.

Joker's Wild

Coach
and dont forget Jamie "I don't wan't to play but I will if you force me to" Lyon.

Thats the problem with NSW, they pick players who might have the skill, but not the heart. Hayne is a pea-heart little germ, but he's playing alright at the moment so he'll get a jersey, Lyon doesn't want to play but because he's in form, he'll get the gig. Its sad.

Yeah only Qlders have the heart and guts for SOO, NSWelshmen are only there for the money and the free sky blue kit blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :roll:

Hear it every year and its still bullshit

Charlie124

First Grade
Yeah only Qlders have the heart and guts for SOO, NSWelshmen are only there for the money and the free sky blue kit blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :roll:

Hear it every year and its still bullsh*t

um......i didnt say only QLDers have heart and guts for SOO, i was refering to the fact that NSW selectors far too often just pick whoever happens to be in good club form at the time, rather than picking players who bleed (read: do have heart and guts for SOO) for the NSW jersey, regardless of their club form at the time.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah why Lyon is still in contention is beyond me.
Saying that he didn't want to be picked, as a Blues fan and selector I would have taken that as an insult.

Big Pete

Referee
Did Jokers Wild just break the 100m record when he jumped to that conclusion?

Charlie made a valid point. NSWs selectors tend to pick skillful players who lack the starch required for Origin.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I agree about Lyon but calling Hayne a pea-heart when he has shown nothing but guts and passion when playing at rep level whether it be for the Blues or the Bati is fuggin laughable.

Im fuggin sick of Qlders playing the "NSW are passionless" card every year, especially when its obviously bullsh*t

Pistol

Coach
I agree about Lyon but calling Hayne a pea-heart when he has shown nothing but guts and passion when playing at rep level whether it be for the Blues or the Bati is fuggin laughable.

Im fuggin sick of Qlders playing the "NSW are passionless" card every year, especially when its obviously bullsh*t

I agree with you in that every rep game I've seen Hayne play, he's been solid. The thing for Hayne to do is deliver that every week for Parramatta which is where he tends to fall down a tad. Speaking to Parra supporters, they tell me there are some weeks when he's just asleep at the wheel

Pistol

Coach
Hunt
Folau
Hodges
Inglis
Boyd
Lockyer
Thurston
Price
Smith
Civoniceva
Harrison
Crocker
Johnson

Slater
Hannant
Thaiday
Myles

LESStar58

Referee
There'll be room for Crocker somewhere in the Origin side. No doubt. He's quality and still one of my fav players even though he's no longer at Melbourne.

analyst

Juniors
I really like crocker, but he had not played footy in more than 200 days before the tigers game, I know he could probably do the job anyway and QLD do like to pay loyalty to players, johnson is an example I think stagg has been better this year than johnson. I would swap shillington for crocker if I had to change my side.

1.Hunt (only for the first gritty 20min of basic brutt footy them bring slater)
2.Folau
3.Hodges
4.Inglis
5.Boyd (good enough to make AUS team ,then good enough for QLD)
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
8.Price
9.Smith
10.Civoniceva
11.thaiday
12.myles
13.johnson (I would have stagg over harrison but johnson will be picked anyway)

Slater
Hannant
stagg
shillington

icewind

Juniors
meh... he looks as fit as he's ever been, plus playing close to 80 mins last week, and 90 mins this week has got to count to something...

GB!

Juniors

as a qld fan, the prospect of a jennings lyon centre combo scares me....

as for hayne never playing a bad game, didn't he hand lockyer a try a few years back?

hayne is crud......

GB!

Juniors
I don't get what the problem with Hayne is...he's a top player and has never had a bad game for NSW. I'd be worried though if we picked Quinn or Turner however

straight out lies...

he's not as good as he thinks he is

Charlie124

First Grade
as a qld fan, the prospect of a jennings lyon centre combo scares me....

as for hayne never playing a bad game, didn't he hand lockyer a try a few years back?

hayne is crud......

Im not worried about Lyon, he doesnt want to be there, NSW are just whoring themselves in a desparate attempt to avoid further humiliation. The funny part is that selecting a guy who comes out and says "Don't select me, i dont want to play" is far more shamefull than losing 4 series' in a row with guys who are passionate for the blue jersey.

_Johnsy

Referee
I can't see NSW beating a team like this:

1. Hunt
2. Falou
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoncivea
11. Thaiday
12. Crocker
13. Johnson
14. Hannant
15. Miles
16. Costigan
17. Prince

I am surprised that a QLD'er has forgotten what origin is all about. Expect the unexpected. This series will be a hell of a lot closer than you think.

NSW 2-1

Dazzat

First Grade
I am surprised that a QLD'er has forgotten what origin is all about. Expect the unexpected. This series will be a hell of a lot closer than you think.

NSW 2-1

No, we've just forgotten what losing Origin is all about. Agreed, complacency is Queensland's chief enemy; then cockiness, and running third is the NSW team.

Latest posts