What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crocker OUT of World Cup

Pistol

Coach
I'd like to see Heighnington given a go. I doubt they will though, it'll be out of Myles, Tupou and Thaiday.

Considering Thaiday got left out the first time, most likely because of the investigation hanging over his head, and Tupou is campaigning to play for Tonga, I'd say Myles is the option. Has played 9 Origin matches and has been as solid throughout all 9 and has been in decent form when he was on the paddock.

Godz Illa

Coach
Myles should've been there in the first place ahead of Fitzgibbon.

Stuart must really love Crocker. Picking him despite going to ESL, and giving him until the 11th hour to overcome injury.

Sonny-Bill maybe? Eh eh eh, you jokers missed a trick picking Fitzgibbon over Tupou if you can i'd reverse that quick smart now! If not then has to be Hindmarsh surely or maybe Braith to lock, Stewart to 2nd row.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
tupou's already picked in another squad. he has 5-6 good games a year then goes missing.

not sure they'll want to blood another rookie who hasnt played higher level rep footy (heighnigton - and no i dont class city v country as high level) so logic would say thaiday or myles. a one liner in an a article about the broncos was that police expect to announce no charegs are to be laid

johns_reds

First Grade
Considering Thaiday got left out the first time, most likely because of the investigation hanging over his head, and Tupou is campaigning to play for Tonga, I'd say Myles is the option. Has played 9 Origin matches and has been as solid throughout all 9 and has been in decent form when he was on the paddock.

Read an article today on foxsports (link below) that says:

"While police are expected to confirm this week that Karmichael Hunt, Sam Thaiday and Darius Boyd will not face charges over allegations of sexual assault, Henjak admitted the incident and revelations of a binge-drinking culture at the club had sullied the Broncos' name."

If that is the case and Thaiday is not charged, then this should open the gate for him to play? after all laffranchi is in the squad.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24468319-23214,00.html

**edit i think that is why they are giving Crocker more time, hoping thaiday will not be charged so they can pick him and dump Croker due to an "injury"

gong_eagle

First Grade
Crocker out of World Cup

From staff reporters
October 09, 2008
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24470829-23214,00.html
AUSTRALIA'S Michael Crocker's was this afternoon ruled out of the World Cup because of a broken rib.
Melbourne backrower Crocker sustained the injury in his side's 40-0 thrashing by Manly in the NRL grand final last Sunday.
Sydney Roosters forward Anthony Tupou will take Crocker's place in the Australia squad.
Tupou has played six Tests for Australia but was already named in a Tongan squad brimming with NRL talent.

He would have required a clearance from the Rugby League International Federation to have switched allegiance to the country of his heritage.

The 25-year-old Cronulla-bound second-rower will join the Kangaroos when they enter their World Cup camp on Saturday, a week ahead of their first match of the tournament against New Zealand on October 26.

Watmough/Matai smashing Crocker's ribs in the GF forcing him to withdraw from his last Kangaroo jumper is the cherry on the sprinkles on the chocolate sauce on the whipped cream on the icecream on the greatest cake I have ever seen.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Watmough/Matai smashing Crocker's ribs in the GF forcing him to withdraw from his last Kangaroo jumper is the cherry on the sprinkles on the chocolate sauce on the whipped cream on the icecream on the greatest cake I have ever seen.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Apparently it was a tackle from Beaver that did it though. Beaver is the man that just keeps giving :lol:

Crocker shouldn't have been there anyway. I've got no problem with his form but why change the no ESL players rule for him!!